Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LED Headlights installed PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:00 PM

It was easy. My H2 is a Limited Edition so I had to pull off the brush guard and then pop the hood open and remove 4 nuts to allow the grille to be pulled off. Once the grille is off
you take three nuts off each headlamp and they come right off. Three screws and the headlamp housing comes out and the phase 7 lamps go in. They have an H4 connector on them so you need to buy an adapter harness to plug them in to the factory wiring. Very simple and well worth the $ The hardest part is paying for the headlights.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 PM

how about led headlamps for h3?

Old 05-02-2014, 11:20 AM

calif phill

haha...thanks for sharing

Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
It was easy. My H2 is a Limited Edition so I had to pull off the brush guard and then pop the hood open and remove 4 nuts to allow the grille to be pulled off. Once the grille is off
you take three nuts off each headlamp and they come right off. Three screws and the headlamp housing comes out and the phase 7 lamps go in. They have an H4 connector on them so you need to buy an adapter harness to plug them in to the factory wiring. Very simple and well worth the $ The hardest part is paying for the headlights.
Where did you buy the adapter harness?

Is this the exact headlight you bought?
The New Truck-Lite Phase 7 LED Headlight - 27270C 7" Round

Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
My H2 is a Limited Edition so I had to pull off the brush guard and then pop the hood open and remove 4 nuts to allow the grille to be pulled off. Once the grille is off
you take three nuts off each headlamp and they come right off.
What Limited Edition H2 do you have? I assumed the front assemblies are all similar.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 AM

That is the exact headlight I installed, I sell them for motorcycles at my shop and have installed a bunch of them in Harleys and everyone loves them.
I bought the adapter harness on Feebay

My 2006 is a Limited edition and the LE models came with a grille guard from the factory as well as a light bar and a few other goodies.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:08 PM

I was thinking that the 7" Harley aftermarket lights might fit. The only problem is that most of them are way overpriced. Harley Has one just like the JW Speaker light called the Harley Davidson Daymaker Black LED light for $525 each. Nothing like spending over a grand for a pair of headlights.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by KruBruder
I was thinking that the 7" Harley aftermarket lights might fit. The only problem is that most of them are way overpriced. Harley Has one just like the JW Speaker light called the Harley Davidson Daymaker Black LED light for $525 each. Nothing like spending over a grand for a pair of headlights.
I'm feeling the same way. I would love some LED headlights but at this point i'd rather spend that money on some steal bumpers from Road Rhino. $1750 gets you the front and back.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by dowork
I'm feeling the same way. I would love some LED headlights but at this point i'd rather spend that money on some steal bumpers from Road Rhino. $1750 gets you the front and back.
dowork, nice rig first off!

2nd off I'm also interested in the front/rear rhino bumpers. i emailed them but didnt get a response, I suppose calling is going to be the best method of contact for a place like that. I'm only 2 hours drive away so I could pick them up and save some money on shipping (250 i think)

Let me know if you make contact with them before I do...

Old 05-11-2014, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by accely
dowork, nice rig first off!

2nd off I'm also interested in the front/rear rhino bumpers. i emailed them but didnt get a response, I suppose calling is going to be the best method of contact for a place like that. I'm only 2 hours drive away so I could pick them up and save some money on shipping (250 i think)

Let me know if you make contact with them before I do...
I sent a second email directly to sales@ and got a reply, their webform may be broken, I don't know for sure. Either way they are a small staff without a dedicated phone operator.

Danny wrote back and we corresponded a few times to answer my questions. Front and back bumpers will definitely be next on my list.

Here's another thread I started on Rhino, there is a phone number in it.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...d-33029/page2/

Quick Reply: LED Headlights installed PICS!