PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

K&N 57 FIPK series install... No change

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Default K&N 57 FIPK series install... No change

I installed this intake the other day and see absolutely no change. Mpg actually is worse and I was babying it to see how good it might be. Im almost thinking there is a dead spot in the power curve also.

For others that installed this intake did you add a tuner at the same
Time? If so, whats the best model? I have a SCT X3 for my mustang so thought about getting another SCT.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Default cold air intake

I installed a cold air intake and the same thing happened I have the edge cs programmer and it showed my fuel mileage less and engine load was more I put factory box back on and installed airaid filter and the airdoc intake tube much better

Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 PM

I lost track of the different intakes I tried, sure there's some old threads about it on one of the hummer forums. Every one was ****, made the first few minutes of driving feel doggy as hell, also made the engine louder. Your money is spent better elsewhere on your rig.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure what to do yet. It does feel as if the vehicle is under load and definitely worse when cold.

I guess I should take it off, send it back and order a programmer. You guys have any other suggestions for a lil more HP (bang for buck).

Old 11-11-2011, 11:55 AM

If your looking to spead around $300, a real good buy is an AGR high pressure powersteering pump. It will completely eliminate the BS where is feels like there is no power steering in parking lot manuevers, or if you have oversize tires. It will give you a little bit more nuts on your brake pedal also. If I would of known how much of a difference this makes, I would of done it 4 years ago when I 1st bought the truck. You can damn near throw the steering wheel to turn 38s standing still on dry pavement.

AGR Performance-MB Motorsports

call them direct, really cool guys to talk to...and know their ****.