PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought off auction code p0200

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Default just bought off auction code p0200

Hi all,
Just bought a hummer 2003 h2 off auction. I had the key stuck in ignition issue. Fixed it by cleaning the solenoid. Then it would stay in 3rd gear according to the instrument panel no matter where I put the shifter. I realized it must be disconnected from the tranny. I crawled under the hummer and reconnected the shifter. I need the clip that holds that in place by the way if anyone has a part number. So now I can get it into park.

I put in a new battery and attempted to start it. I got p0200. I know it has something to do with injectors. It tries to start and dies almost right away. I also got some codes relating to MAF and air sensors but I reset the codes, tightened the air intake (was loose) and am still getting p0200. Some also mentioned that perhaps the catalytic converter can be an issue??

Where should I begin? thanks!

Old 04-09-2011, 03:09 PM

Here is a good link for you:

Diagnosing Returnless Fuel Injection Systems

Old 04-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by 08JJ

interesting info on that. I'm going to check the pcm first and go from there. any other advice let me know. thanks
mike

Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Doubt it's a cat code...cat code is 0420....

Old 04-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Default ok more news

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Doubt it's a cat code...cat code is 0420....

alright, after replacing the map sensor (was pretty destroyed AND unplugged) noticed quite a few hoses unplugged. see pics. I don't know where they would go. The question is, if they're unplugged like that, would that cause the car not to start? I tested the injectors and they are getting power except one, which I fixed (loose cable). So now the only thing left to figure out is where these hoses go.....anyone??
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...i/DSC03585.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...i/DSC03584.jpg

Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by mogie
alright, after replacing the map sensor (was pretty destroyed AND unplugged) noticed quite a few hoses unplugged. see pics. I don't know where they would go. The question is, if they're unplugged like that, would that cause the car not to start? I tested the injectors and they are getting power except one, which I fixed (loose cable). So now the only thing left to figure out is where these hoses go.....anyone??
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...i/DSC03585.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...i/DSC03584.jpg

oops, here is an updated pic. one hose that goes off the screen in the pic is to the left. the end of it shows like it was cut with a blade.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by mogie
I'll try to show a tech at work the pics & tell him the code...I say try cause Monday's are sometimes hectic....not sure if vaccume lines...can't be good...someone butchered that...

Old 04-10-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
I'll try to show a tech at work the pics & tell him the code...I say try cause Monday's are sometimes hectic....not sure if vaccume lines...can't be good...someone butchered that...
tell me about it. well i found a manual for this thing for 12 bucks and downloaded it. i had some spare hose (not exactly the right size but tightened them with some metal ties i have) and connected them where they should go. I got a few starts and it seemed like it wanted to stay on this time. That's a good thing. However, I quickly got the p0200 code again, meaning the injectors aren't getting gas or power. They got power so I'm afraid it's not getting gas. fuel pump perhaps?? I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and have it towed to a shop nearby to finish the job. Sigh. I wanted to finish it up myself. Anyone got a cheap reliable shop near 33157 zip code?

Old 04-11-2011, 02:29 PM

hey guys I think i found my problem!!!!! my pcm is missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please someone take a pic of your pcm and post it. i want to make sure i'm not going crazy. i need the location too. noob question, the pcm/ecm is the same right?

Quick Reply: just bought off auction code p0200