PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed HID's Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Default Installed HID's Today

Picked up my HID's today and installed them. Pretty simple, minus the instructions missing which led to the wiring debate. After a couple calls, it was figured out.

I got the low-hi kit (9007 6k 35w) and they look great. Ballast's fit perfectly right next to the headlight housing.

Anyway, I will take some pics tomorrow and post em.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:15 PM

Now you get to blind oncoming traffic with the glare produced by those retrofit kits...I'm not a fan of those kits unless you install projectors. just my opinion...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM

I'm high beamed all the time in my mustang and it has factory HID's. My buddies truck has factory HID's and he gets hi-beamed all the time.

I haven't been beamed yet and I was on a two way highway for 20 miles and up and down hills.

It's typically the guys who buy a set of HID's that are an off color that have the problems with people brighting em. These are hyper white, which are legal when it comes to headlight color. Sure the lense was engineered for the HID bulb though.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 PM

No hid retrofit kits are DOT approved..you have a hid bulb in a reflector housing which was not designed for xenon bulbs..no matter what color it is it still produces glare which projector housings Do not...just because you haven't been hi beamed doesn't mean your not blinding other drivers..believe me I know..stand in front of your lights than stand in front of projectors and notice the distinct cut off line projehectors produce..this is just a pet peeve of mine so nothing personal..I agree though that you get better lighting from the hid regardless of the housing

Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM

I have retrofitted this type of HID kit in both my Z06 and my H2, I simply adjusted the lights down a bit as there is no doubt with the much brighter bulbs you will be blinding people. Before the adjustment I did get flashed by other drivers from time to time..... after the adjustment I have not had any issues in the Z06 and only a couple in the H2 which is usually when Im sitting at an inclined intersection, its a tall truck and its going to blind people from time to time projectors or not.