PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inrument/Gauge Cluster Repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Default Inrument/Gauge Cluster Repair

I have a question. If I were to remove the cluster to replace the stepper motors and LEDs, do I need to reflash the computer when it is put back inplace to syncronize it? I was told thatthere is a chance I may have to have the dealer reflash after the repair.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 AM

No you don't, search youtube for vids on replacing the stepper motors. You basically mark where the needles were then pop them off. When you reinstall the needles you just put them in their respective place. Mine were still off and I had to take the cluster out multiple times to reset the needles. After I finally got them where they needed to be a couple of months later all the needles jumped......

Long story short, my battery died and in the process of replacing the battery it must have reset everything because I haven't had an issue with the needles since.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:37 PM

I am ordering parts to repair the cluster myself, the dealer jerked me around about buying a remanufactured cluster so I will be repairing it myself using the following kits. The third kit will allow me to light up the cluster with blue light, make it stand out a bit.

Gauge repair /7 motor starter kit

Economy soldering tool kit

US SpeedoŽ CUBE360B CUBE360B - Hummer H2 2003-2007 Surface-Mount Cube Blue LED Bulbs