PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors clogged

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Default Injectors clogged

I think I have the injectors clogged on my h2. I had the errors P0171 and P1074 come up a few days ago, but they cleared by themselves after I started the car again after a couple of hours. I've been noticing some loss of power at about 50mph, in low RPMS, I notice the car is loosing power but if I step on the gas, everything goes alright for some minutes...
Today I noticed a real loss of power, I was stepping on the gas and the car wasn't responding like it should, so I'm thinking it might be clogged injectors.
I was thinking of buying sea foam and pouring it on the gas tank, to see if it clears up a bit, and also change the fuel filter. My h2 is 2003, the fuel filter is not in the fuel pump right? I'm not sure about this, if it is in the fuel pump, then I'm not going to replace it...

Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 AM

Check your mass air flow sensor...I had a leaf blocking mine on the air cleaner side & had a loss of power issue

Old 03-06-2012, 05:43 PM

Took out the air fillter which is almost new, and there was nothing blocking the MAF, it was clean..
About the fuel filter, the H2 fuel filter is outside the pump, I've located it.
I'm probably going to switch it, but I doubt that will solve my problem..

Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cashville
About the fuel filter, the H2 fuel filter is outside the pump, I've located it.
I'm probably going to switch it, but I doubt that will solve my problem..
I have a 2005 H2 and my dealer told me it didn't have a fuel filter.

Where did you locate your fuel filter outside the pump/tank?

Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM

It's right in front of the fuel deposit. The outside filter is only for the 03 model, 04 has the filter inside the pump from what I've read...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM

the photo isn't that good, but it's what I have.

The fuel filter is hidden over where the arrow points at. It's in there.

I just bought the sea foam today, should have it in 2 weeks... Let's hope this helps solve the problem the h2 has been having...

Old 03-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks Cash. I've been up underneath my 05 H2 looking for a filter as it seemed crazy that it wouldn't have a fuel filter. I'll look again in the area you photo'd (thanks by the way!)

Called another H2 dealer south of Denver to ask the same question and the Service Writer told me that the only "filter" is that of the fuel pump sock, or screen that is attached to the fuel pump in the tank. 05 H2 did not have an "in-line" filter anywhere leading up to the Injector rail n the engine compartment.

For what it's worth, i've always had good success with the BG 44K fuel system, tank, inj and combustion chamber cleaner. Just dump a whole can of it into a full tank of gas. Comes in a black and gold can that runs around $20.

Thanks again for the pic.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Default My experience

Bg 44k does work well and is worth a try but I would use 2 cans in 1 tank of gas. If that does not do it than professional fuel injector service involves hooking up a machine that runs your engine during the cleaning process since they will remove your fuel pump fuse and that works very well as I purchased the snap on machine off ebay about 5 years ago..... I know....

Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM

How much did the machine cost?

Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Default Snap On Machine

I paid about $100 and there is one on ebay now item #180838941074
NAPA auto parts should sell the fluid that goes inside but remember you
have to remove the fuel pump fuse and best to disconnect the fuel line
at the manifold so no cleaner will flow backwards to the fuel pump or the tank.

Quick Reply: Injectors clogged