Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

I need some serious advice!! H2 w rust problems????

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Default RE: I need some serious advice!! H2 w rust problems????

thanks SHORTBUS

Old 12-18-2007, 07:21 PM

VERY common occurance!! Don't WORRY!!!

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_27487/tm.htm

Old 12-19-2007, 10:44 AM

jstdoitt21,

Scrape first - steel brush and apply Zinga not available in the US. I believe it’s available in Canada and is manufactured in Belgium. Zinga is used mostly for industrial applications it acts like warm galvanizing. The great advantage you can apply it cold and it’s easy to do.
I ordered some spray cans in the UK. Use Zinga and forget about rust forever no joke this product really works.

The greatest advantage; ones you apply the product it does not act like other rust protecting paints, rocks or debris will not take the coating off, we are talking about true bonding. (Resist mechanical shocks)

http://www.zinga-uk.com/marine.html

http://www.zinga.be/pdf/United%20Sta...i%20bridge.pdf

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9308&frostProductNam e=Zinga%20Cold%20Zinc%20Coating%20500ml%20Aerosol. &catID=28&frostCat=Rust&frostSubCat=Ot hers&subCatID=34

Hope this helps,
Roland

Old 12-19-2007, 02:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your advice it looks so crappy, and since i am from CA. i have never experienced this before!!! The rattle cans does anyone recommend a certain brand?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:52 PM

Rustoleum Flat Black!!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:59 PM

HUMMBOB, thanks i will grab a wire brush and the rustoleum!! I will have some time this weekend so i will go at, do you recommend certain steps to prepping it?

Another question I got my HUMM w 55,000 miles on it, i have a guy that did some upgrades on a 07 HUMM and is selling the stock brakes for $150 do u think that is worth it?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Might be worth it if your calipers are rusty.... I broke an impact grade T-55 off in my rear brakes... fronts are bolts....

otherwise you can get rotors and pads for under $600....

Old 12-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Rustoleum peels off and will only help for a short period of time, when a surface is already rusted regardless which type of paint you apply it will keep on rusting. You need a resin based product with atomized zinc the least 98% otherwise your problem will remain and become worse.

Only some good advice, I do not have any ties, benefits with any off the mentioned companies.

DESCRIPTION
RUST-OLEUM® Hard Hat Aerosol Zinc Spray Cold Galvanising Compound 2185 is a fast drying
zinc rich primer based on an epoxy ester resin.
The product contains pure zinc as pigment and provides cathodic protection.
RECOMMENDED USES
RUST-OLEUM Zinc Spray 2185 should be used on new, bare steel or galvanised steel surfaces.
RUST-OLEUM Zinc Spray 2185 is intended to be applied on small areas or for touch-up.
RUST-OLEUM Zinc Spray 2185 can be recoated with non-saponifiable coatings.
RUST-OLEUM Zinc Spray 2185 should be used as a primer or as a single coat in light industrial
exposures, corrosive environments and high humidity areas.

Good luck,
Roland

Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 PM

HUMMBOB,

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, I AM GOING TO HAVE IT DONE 2MORROW, MY BUDDY IS GOING TO HELP ME!!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 AM

Roland thanks for taking the time, i really appreciate the message!! My buddy said that at his shop he is going to spray it w scotch light (is anyone familiar w that) then they are going to rattle it after, so you are saying it wont last even after the spray it w the scotch light??

Quick Reply: I need some serious advice!! H2 w rust problems????