PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am considering buying an H2 and looking for advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by cgray11
Thats great news because I was going to get a loan on it. I wasnt going to finance the whole thing but I didn't want to lose my shirt if i decided to sell it in a few years. So as far as gas mileage I know if Im looking for good gas mileage to look else where but I hear some people say it get 10mpg and some say that it get like 18 on the highway. What can I expect to get on like long interstate trips because thats what I will mainly use it for. Also if it more capable off road then a 2008 + rubicon?
If you keep your foot out of it, expect 11.5/13

Can't really compare an H2 to a Rubicon, apples & oranges.... But think about this how much lift would a Rubicon need to run 37" tires, H2 can do this stock

Old 09-12-2014, 11:17 PM

If you want the new car as a regular drive for winter conditions any will do a great adition to the garage . Land Rover , H2 or Wrangler

If you planning to go Offroad then story is a little different

H2 - Very capable without any mod .. Sometime a little too wide for some trails

Wrangler - Very capable after spend thousands in mod . Easy on gas and as daily drive

Land rover - POS for offroad , Nicer interior , most sophisticated

H2 is keeping the value much better than the competitors , there is a highly demand

Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 PM

H2s hold their value well. The '08/'09 H2s hold their value better than any other vehicle, period. The older H2s may not be quite as good, but still hold their value well.

H3 Adventure vs. H2 for offroad ability is a bit of a debate. On paper the H2 wins, but an '09+ H3 Adventure has front and rear lockers vs. rear only on the H2, and being smaller it can fit some places an H2 would have difficulty. As for H2 vs a new Rubicon.. Like the H3 vs. H2 debate, it depends on the situation but in general I'd give the Rubicon a slight advantage. Front and rear locker, SFA, electronic front sway bar disconnect, and smaller size. On the other hand, you can put 37" tires on a completely stock H2 and a pretty impressive clearance, break over, approach and departure angles. However, the H2 is going to be the most comfortable of the bunch while wheeling.

My '06 H2 is completely stock right down to the wheels and tires. I get 12.5mpg combined, and up to 15mpg highway. This is in UT driving between 4k and 4.5k feet and always going up and down hills, even if it's just slight grades.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by cgray11
Thats great news because I was going to get a loan on it. I wasnt going to finance the whole thing but I didn't want to lose my shirt if i decided to sell it in a few years. So as far as gas mileage I know if Im looking for good gas mileage to look else where but I hear some people say it get 10mpg and some say that it get like 18 on the highway. What can I expect to get on like long interstate trips because thats what I will mainly use it for. Also if it more capable off road then a 2008 + rubicon?
Mileage ... I dont want to call dreamer to someone who expect 18 mpg from a H2 .. Either want to call a lair to someone who said his H2 is doing 18 mpg . But honestly I doubt anyone is getting even close to that number

H2 stock . 10.5-12 city
11.5-15 highway
I dont see a huge difference when compared to a F150 which is 15mpg in hyw

BTW Land rover are made in India .. company is owned by "TATA MOTORS" .... Who buys a car from a company with that name

Last edited by H2Miami; 09-16-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Default H2 or Range Rover

Let me think, I know a little about maintance. My brother inlaw owns two Rovers, he can afford both cars and maintance. I have an 06 H2 and my an 06 H3, new from dealers. Rovers are awsome beautiful cars, my brother inlaw has spend $$$$ in air suspension, electrical etc.
Our H3 the little monster since new change of radiator $225, I change oil $18 to $20 on both, breaks and other maintance easy on both. H2 the lovely monster! Someone mentioned about wiper motor. I switched the circuit board $80, I had a suspension problem, bought two airbags $260.... 45mins later problem solved. Its up to you American or Import and what you can afford.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Mileage ... I dont want to call dreamer to someone who expect 18 mpg from a H2 .. Either want to call a lair to someone who said his H2 is doing 18 mpg . But honestly I doubt anyone is getting even close to that number

H2 stock . 10.5-12 city
11.5-15 highway

BTW Land rover are made in India .. company is owned by "TATA MOTORS" .... Who buys a car from a company with that name
My H2 gets 10.3 mpg and my Expedition gets 10.8 mpg on the city not much difference.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami

H2 stock . 10.5-12 city
11.5-15 highway

Just playing devil's advocate for a minute. I could see someone getting 18+ mpg with street tires, computer tune, flat sea level highway, A/C off and staying around 60 mph or less. Probably wouldn't even need all these things, but if easy normal driving can get 15mpg in the right circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if a couple mpg friendly mods plus some hypermiling couldn't add another 3 mpg. Certainly not the norm, but I don't doubt you could do it.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Just playing devil's advocate for a minute. I could see someone getting 18+ mpg with street tires, computer tune, flat sea level highway, A/C off and staying around 60 mph or less. Probably wouldn't even need all these things, but if easy normal driving can get 15mpg in the right circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if a couple mpg friendly mods plus some hypermiling couldn't add another 3 mpg. Certainly not the norm, but I don't doubt you could do it.

There is no way it will achieve 18 mpg - none. A "tune" "CAI" "Catback" etc will not improve its milage. If you make more power your going to consume more fuel, period. I have owned H2's since my first new one in 2005, 15mpg is even a chore at times. Trust me I have the lightest foot possible and I can't fathom how it can be done? Now I am referring to real world MPG, not what the DIC says. I only ever fill 1/2 way anymore (16 gallons)@ even 15mpg that would mean I would have a range of 240 miles from a 1/2 tank, not going to happen if I get 150 -160 ( =10mpg) am happy as pig in slop. My deuce is in perfect tune still rolling on the stock 35" BFG's.

Heck if you got 18 from my H3 with the I5 that was a good day..

Old 09-17-2014, 06:07 AM

Forgive me for saying it on here but $20,000 is a lot of hard earned cash . I'm in the UK and landrovers are very common and i wouldn't touch one .

I now own a Hummer H2 but its a love hate relationship because i've been driving and belong to a Landcruiser club for a good while and so i can say without any shadow of a doubt the build quality of a Landcruiser is second to none . Mines 17 years old and only now have i started to change the original suspension bushes . Search the forums and you will find the only faults ever reported relate to original components knocking on twenty years old finally giving up the ghost .

I have absolutely no doubt my cruiser will still be going strong a decade from now they were built to cover a million miles in the Australian outback , if you want a keeper look to the LC .

Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
There is no way it will achieve 18 mpg - none. A "tune" "CAI" "Catback" etc will not improve its milage. If you make more power your going to consume more fuel, period. I have owned H2's since my first new one in 2005, 15mpg is even a chore at times. Trust me I have the lightest foot possible and I can't fathom how it can be done? Now I am referring to real world MPG, not what the DIC says. I only ever fill 1/2 way anymore (16 gallons)@ even 15mpg that would mean I would have a range of 240 miles from a 1/2 tank, not going to happen if I get 150 -160 ( =10mpg) am happy as pig in slop. My deuce is in perfect tune still rolling on the stock 35" BFG's.

Heck if you got 18 from my H3 with the I5 that was a good day..
Totally agreeeee

Quick Reply: I am considering buying an H2 and looking for advise