PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers with 37's need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:39 PM

Appreciate all the reply's, good info

Thanks Neal

Old 03-22-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by mulepic
Here's my before and after discussion w/ the 4.56 gears on an 08. Long story short, I have not idea why the H2 didn't come w/ at least 4.10's

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-towing-37067/

and yes my my 325's measure just over 35" aired up and weighted. I've never had a set of 35's that measured 35" either. So in my mind 325's are the true 35" tire. I suspect 37's measure 35" as well.
Really appreciate the link to your gear change thread, a lot of great info

Thanks Neal

Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 AM

I'm watching this thread with keen interest, as i too am thinking about going for 37s. Have you thought about backspacing etc ? I don't want to mess around with spacers, and am a little concerned about possible rubbing.

I have levelled my 09 with torsion bar tweak...

Old 03-27-2017, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I'm watching this thread with keen interest, as i too am thinking about going for 37s. Have you thought about backspacing etc ? I don't want to mess around with spacers, and am a little concerned about possible rubbing.

I have levelled my 09 with torsion bar tweak...
Haven't thought about backspacing, plan to keep the OEM 20's that are on it now.

The tires on it now are 305/60/20's these calculate out to 34.62" so the jump to 37's will be a pretty good jump.

Drove it to a boat race this weekend pulling the boat (around 3500lbs) set the cruse at 75 and let it eat. looks like average MPG was around 10 or a little better, not bad.

still looking at tires and trying to decide on which ones I want,

Neal

Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 PM

Did the torsion bar leveling hurt the ride at all?

I been looking at the 3" lift made for these trucks but have some concerns about cranking the torsion bars and the impact it may have on the ride.

Neal

Old 03-28-2017, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
Did the torsion bar leveling hurt the ride at all?

I been looking at the 3" lift made for these trucks but have some concerns about cranking the torsion bars and the impact it may have on the ride.

Neal
I didn't notice it to be honest. I bought the GM green keys and planned to swap them out, but the garage i went to said there was no need to. He could level it on the existing ones... so he did. To be honest the rake has gone, but i thought the difference would be a little more dramatic. Am currently on air ride at the back, otherwise i'd have looked to get more of a lift also with longer shocks etc, but as am on standard wheels and tyres (previous owner put 295/60/r20s on), i didn't feel the need.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 AM

thanks for the info Baldfox,

I looked at the lift/leveling kits last night, will probably order one shortly now knowing that the keys have little affect on the ride.

I had tried lifting my 96 K1500 with the keys and the ride suffered drastically so I set them back at factory settings.

Whats your opinion of the BlackBear tune

Neal

Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
thanks for the info Baldfox,

I looked at the lift/leveling kits last night, will probably order one shortly now knowing that the keys have little affect on the ride.

I had tried lifting my 96 K1500 with the keys and the ride suffered drastically so I set them back at factory settings.

Whats your opinion of the BlackBear tune

Neal
I loved the tune. Justin there was really easy to deal with. I came to the US on hols and basically collected my hand held tuner. Plugged it in and started to record the base map, emailed away and a day or so later, got the new file and uploaded it. Recorded a new map and sent it away and repeated the process a couple of times. The car shifts more firmly, i get better mileage, and it has more grunt. To be fair, i also changed the exhaust (cat back) to borla, and added Dynatech headers and sports cats at the same time. I already had an airdoc, so i needed a tune to get the most from the mods. I would definitely do it again. I understand that a personal remap would have probably showed me better results, but unless he wants to fly to Russia, this will do for now

Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info Baldfox

Neal

Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I didn't notice it to be honest. I bought the GM green keys and planned to swap them out, but the garage i went to said there was no need to. He could level it on the existing ones... so he did. To be honest the rake has gone, but i thought the difference would be a little more dramatic. Am currently on air ride at the back, otherwise i'd have looked to get more of a lift also with longer shocks etc, but as am on standard wheels and tyres (previous owner put 295/60/r20s on), i didn't feel the need.

That all depends on the condition of your torsion bars. If the bars are newer and have most of their spring left in them, cranking the stock keys will suffice. If you have an older year chances are the torsion bars are a little work and you would need green keys or a similar lift key to gain the same height.

I did the green keys and gained 3" lift in the front without any change in ride. Tie bar angles are a little tight after my XD tie rod install but the stockers looked the same.

Quick Reply: Hummers with 37's need help