PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H2 u steps- brand new

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Also if anyone else is looking for some, i found a pair on ebay by chance...

Hummer H2 Running Boards Driver Side | eBay
I've been looking for these. Someone is already bidding.
Guess I'll have to figure out what I want to pay & see how the auction goes.

It's only for a pair though.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
They are definitely awesome. Here a suggestion of mine, don't use the quick disconnect *****. The U's used to be a hot item to steal since they were one bolt and they came off.

I used giant Grade 8 bolts and slathered everything with red Loctite.
Quick question. With the red loctite if ever you didn't want to remove the bolts after for some reason or another, how tough would it be? I've never used that stuff before, so am curious?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 AM

Quick question. With the red loctite if ever you didn't want to remove the bolts after for some reason or another, how tough would it be? I've never used that stuff before, so am curious?
From what I read, red requires heat for you to undo a nut from a bolt.

It seems to be the go to thing if you want a permanent lock.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM

I want a pair, eventually. When I do I'll probably just use bolts instead of the quick release *****, but not loctite. I want to be able to swap the bolts out for quick release ***** before I head out to the trails.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 PM

Won the auction.

I'll post pics of how they look. I really wanted 4, but for the money, I can't beat a pair. I only "need" 2 right now anyways. As they get rarer, I can always sell them & at least cover the cost if I ever get rid of them.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 PM

With all the various other aftermarket parts I'm surprised nobody has come out with knock-off steps, or even just some kind of adapter bracket that lets us buy generic universal steps and use the stock mounting location with a quick release function.

Hint hint...

Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
With all the various other aftermarket parts I'm surprised nobody has come out with knock-off steps, or even just some kind of adapter bracket that lets us buy generic universal steps and use the stock mounting location with a quick release function.

Hint hint...
Tell me about it...

You'd think someone would for both the H2 & H3. Sourcing both is a pain. I found a full set for the H3 & am settling for these for the H2. I keep wanting the amp power step, but I am forcing myself to stay away from it as more mechanical parts = more problems.

Thanks for the post btw. I missed out on the original deal & this was good enough for me.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Tell me about it...

You'd think someone would for both the H2 & H3. Sourcing both is a pain. I found a full set for the H3 & am settling for these for the H2. I keep wanting the amp power step, but I am forcing myself to stay away from it as more mechanical parts = more problems.

Thanks for the post btw. I missed out on the original deal & this was good enough for me.
Happy to help, glad i'm being useful for something

Old 05-22-2015, 10:21 AM

Happy to help, glad i'm being useful for something
You've been a major help.

These steps seem to go for $700+ now which is crazy. I got this pair for $210ish, shipped (shipping was $50). I believe these were pulled from a salvage yard, but they look pristine in the pics.

My current stock nerf bars are going. The passenger side step area is starting to come off, this is more of a necessity than just a splurge.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:52 PM

Finally got the steps on.
What an upgrade! Now I just need another pair & I'm set!

Name:  hOeQTG4.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  413.1 KB

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 u steps- brand new