PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H2 Auto Transmission problem !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Default Hummer H2 Auto Transmission problem !!!

Hello guys,

I recently buy a H2 from a friend, year 2004 and believe it or not has only 1600 Miles on it.

He never drive it , only start it check everything and of again.

I don't have experience on the H2, but this truck is weird with the auto transmissions shifts.

Looks like the 1rst , 2cnd , 3rd works fine but when you drive faster the transmission never shift to 4th speed.

Also when you apply full throttle at low speeds the shifts are erroneous and to high RPM's.

Any idea on this???

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Default RE: Hummer H2 Auto Transmission problem !!!

My recommendation .. take it to a dealer and have it looked at.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 AM

No dealers here, South America.

THX

Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Bichito

Hello guys,

I recently buy a H2 from a friend, year 2004 and believe it or not has only 1600 Miles on it.

He never drive it , only start it check everything and of again.

I don't have experience on the H2, but this truck is weird with the auto transmissions shifts.

Looks like the 1rst , 2cnd , 3rd works fine but when you drive faster the transmission never shift to 4th speed.

Also when you apply full throttle at low speeds the shifts are erroneous and to high RPM's.

Any idea on this???

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
Me thinks your friend put the screws to you.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Maybe check the transmission fluid levels? COnsider a tranny flush?If it has not been driven alot, then it may need some "driving". I let one of my Camaros sit for 2 years, then when I went to drive it, the auto tranny didn't shift right for the first little while, butafter a day all was right again.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:11 PM

let it get warm and check the fluid level, these transmissions are very sensitive to fluid level. also i've seen a few problems with the input housing inside the transmission causing no fourth gear.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Is getting better, Im going to replace the Hyd fluid and filter, any Idea where can I order the filter online??

Thanks

Daniel

Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM

Ditto with first checking the condition and level of the transmission fluid. If that doesn't 'fix' the problem, then I too would suggest taking your H2 in to a GM dealer...if your have one nearby within your country.I'm unsure if this is related, but I had experienced the same thing with an older Ford 'Ranger XLT' a couple of years ago. I'm unsure about the newer vehicles with computer controlled 'this and that', but the Ford's 'no fourth gear' problemwas later deemed to be a defectiveoverdrive module. Afterit was replaced, the 'tranny' shifted fine and just like it did when the truck was new. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Hello Daniel I'm having the same problem with my u2 would like to know if u fix that problem and what was it?? Thanks Henry

Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 PM

check fluid change the filter and also make sure you flush out the lines.If there is alot of metal in the pan its done.If not and fluid is so so check your 2-3 and 3-4 shift solonoids.Easy to change when the pan is down and cheap "Under 100 USD for both"
Common problem for my limos and i keep a set on hand just for that reason.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 Auto Transmission problem !!!