PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How to remove dvd headrests?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Default How to remove dvd headrests?

I inserted a paperclip to the sides of the bars of the headrests and pulled them up. Cables run up through the bars, down under the seat to the center console to where both sides connect to 1 wide plug.
Am I missing something? Does the factory wire in these dvd's through the seat and then wire them both to 1 connector? This doesnt seem right?

I tugged on them "somewhat" hard thinking they would disconnect from some other point but they seem like it is 1 long cable from each side instead of the cables connecting to a Y cable.

Has anyone removed H2 dvd headsets? Whats the trick without cutting cables

Old 01-28-2015, 09:05 PM

Mine are aftermarket brand, Vizualogic, but they unplug from the back of the monitor.
You have to unbolt the 4 screws in the mount, then you can get at the far back of the unit. Mine flip all the way down by hitting a little latch on the right side.
Kinda hard to describe without pics. My trucks not where I am at, so sorry, no pics. :-(

Old 01-28-2015, 09:26 PM

So, the cables run UP the seats to the back of the headrests?
Not from dvd in the headrest down the seat?

Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 PM

Its been forever since I fooled with mine. My passengers side screen is broke and never worked. I was trying to get it working, but this was about a year ago before my truck broke.
But I remember being able to take out 4 screws that help the mount to the headrest. Then I could unplug the screen from the monitor.
Im going over tomorrow to finish the license plate tray. When I do Ill try to snap some pictures if you dont have it fixed by then.
My best advice is try to get all the way to the back of your monitors and see what you see. Itll probably unplug from there somehow.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 AM

My goal is to remove the headrests, as I got a replacement pair without DVD players that I want to put in

Old 01-29-2015, 06:02 AM

ok it seems that the cables are connecting to a Y cable. Look at this ebay listing. The end of the dvd cables look like there is a connector
Genuine 2003 2009 Hummer H2 DVD Video Headrest Driver Passenger Side Ebony | eBay

Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM

Here is a reference to the "8 pin din" connector for the dvd player
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/a...adrests-24243/

Old 01-29-2015, 09:15 AM

I found them!!!
There are plugs and they were tucked almost parallel on the side of the console wall
Woohoo

I can pull those out now and put in non-dvd headrest

I can put them back or repair them if needed. But tablets entertain kids more in vehicles now a days

Old 07-16-2015, 08:06 PM

I'm reading through this and I still don't understand how you remove the headrest it self? I plan to purchase a aftermarket dvd player which just install on the headrest, but in order to mount it, the headrest has to be remove and the two poles insert into holes on the mount then tighten.. I hate to be dense but how do you actually remove the headrest completely on both the rear and front seats.

thanks,
Dan

Old 07-17-2015, 05:35 AM

Aftermarket DVD that mount on the headrests?
Yours do not include the posts?
Can you give us a link to what you are purchasing?

Any of these?
Amazon.com: Hummer H2 Dvd Headrest

Quick Reply: How to remove dvd headrests?