Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

How do you use sea foam?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Default How do you use sea foam?

I'm going to have to use sea foam, because I think I have my injectors clogged.
I would like to know how you guys usually do it, do you add a can through the vacuum line, or use a can in the gas tank, or both?

I was thinking of doing 1 in the gas tank, but now I've been reading, and I'm thinking of pouring one in the vacuum line also. What do you guys think?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 PM

I always add through a vacuum line, but make sure you hate your neighbors because they will DEFINITELY hate you after you sea foam your rig.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM

Care to explain exactly how you do it? From what I've read, I should pour it down slowly, and wait 5 minutes before starting up the engine. What should I do after that, go for a long ride or something?

Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 PM

typically you start the engine and let the line drawn in small amounts of the seafoam until its gone. If you dip the entire hose into the liquid it will just kill the engine but it has to be kept running to keep the vaccum on the line.

To get real crazy you can add through the upper intake manifold through the vaccum line, add some to your has for the fuel system and add some to your oil for the oil passages and crankcase. Obviously the oil would have to be changed soon after...

There are youtube videos all over the place on how to seafoam.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:52 PM

If you're using it specifically for the fuel injectors, then sucking it up through a vacuum line will only clean the combustion chamber. To get the stuff to go through your fuel injectors you'll either need to feed it directly into the fuel rail that feeds the injectors, (special set-up), or just dump it in your fuel tank so it can be fed up through the fuel lines and through the injectors.

It is possible that you just have a bad injector, so keep that in mind as well.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM

it's most probably a clogged injector. I got the error codes P0171 and P0174 which point a cause as bad injectors, although they cleared after I started the car again.. I'll use sea foam, drive it like I stole it, then I'll see

Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM

The seafoam still hasn't arrived, so I'm still waiting.

Anyways, I'm probably going to end up purchasing one of those machines to clean injectors, like this one:
How to clean fuel injectors in your car. - YouTube

Can anyone point me out to where the fuel injection rail is, where the machine should be connected on the H2?
Also, where is the vacuum line located? I want to put one in the tank, and one in the vacuum line.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:02 PM

I have found seafoam to not be very strong , check around for BG products and use BG44K that is a professional grade injector cleaner.

Old 02-19-2023, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cashville
I'm going to have to use sea foam, because I think I have my injectors clogged.
I would like to know how you guys usually do it, do you add a can through the vacuum line, or use a can in the gas tank, or both?

I was thinking of doing 1 in the gas tank, but now I've been reading, and I'm thinking of pouring one in the vacuum line also. What do you guys think?
I've been using SeaFoam in my cars for some years now, adding to the oil as well as the gas tank in my Vette, Caddy, and old TrailBlazer.. I still use it but use Chevron Techron more now in the gas tanks, adding it maybe once every two months when the tanks are low. I know you can get Chevron Techron gas but no Chevrons close to me. Highly recommended in a Vette Forum I'm in for gas tank sensor issues.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by HummerVette
I've been using SeaFoam in my cars for some years now, adding to the oil as well as the gas tank in my Vette, Caddy, and old TrailBlazer.. I still use it but use Chevron Techron more now in the gas tanks, adding it maybe once every two months when the tanks are low. I know you can get Chevron Techron gas but no Chevrons close to me. Highly recommended in a Vette Forum I'm in for gas tank sensor issues.

TOP TIER™ Approved Gasoline Brands

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you use sea foam?