PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I improve gas milage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Question How can I improve gas milage?

I have a 2006 H2 and absolutely love it. Even though the MPG is the lowest of all my toys I can't stop driving this machine. I'm presently getting 8-9 MPG city driving and 11-12 MPG highway driving. Is that consistent with the rest of you H2 owners? Does anyone have any secrets for improving the MPG's?

Thanks for your reply

Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 PM

prius.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:06 PM

I have read things about how not using air conditioning can help, but Fox news had a program of that was about how there was no measurable difference when using air conditioning as compared to not using it.

I think you can save a little gas by doing 50 on the highway, rather than 65. Your call.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 AM

well i have a cold air intake gibson exhaust and i get about 14 to 15mpg on the hwy doing about 70 to 74 mph which is not bad at all. in the city i get a steady 10 to 12mpg remember this a 6400 lbs brick so gas mileage isnt going to be spectacular.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:15 AM

I think a cat back exhaust sys will help a tiny bit. I think I picked up a .5 MPG improvement. Your mileage is about what I get. I run 75 MPH on the windy KS highway's

Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 AM

Since installing the Radix Supercharger on my 06 H2 6.0 I have actually picked up an increase mpg at highway speed (16 vs 18 mpg). No noticeable city milage increase.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM

My H2 is supercharged and I dont get that good milage. what grade gas are you using?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Not trying to be a dink, but I also own a 69 Corvette. When gas prices(for premium, which I have to put in it) were $4.45/gallon everybody was complaining, but if you have one, gas prices and mpg aren't really in the front of your mind.
You may be able to improve a bit with an intake and exhaust, but marginally. A change in driving habits can help...some, but not much.
My suggestion would be to sell it. If you're that concerned about your MPG, you need a different vehicle.
Just an honest opinion.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Default What a Schmuck!!!!

Thanks Schmegeggie for your insiteful opinion. I brought up the question of MPG strictly as a topic of conversation. I wanted to know what other people that own HUMMERS are doing. If I didn't have the money to put gas in my HUMMER tank I guess I could sell off my Maserati or my V12 Mercedes or my Corvette to find some pocket change to fill my tank. I guess your screen name matches your intellegence level. Just remember, life is to short to be an *******.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2006 H2
Thanks Schmegeggie for your insiteful opinion. I brought up the question of MPG strictly as a topic of conversation. I wanted to know what other people that own HUMMERS are doing. If I didn't have the money to put gas in my HUMMER tank I guess I could sell off my Maserati or my V12 Mercedes or my Corvette to find some pocket change to fill my tank. I guess your screen name matches your intellegence level. Just remember, life is to short to be an *******.
Wow! My reply was based on your OP. I made a suggestion to help with your MPG question. The other "suggestion" was also based on your OP, but you obviously have other issues if that's how, and where you've taken it.
I don't need to know about how many toys you have, and I'm not going to take this any lower than what you have, I'm much more "intellegent" than that(and secure).
Oh, BTW, it's i-n-s-i-g-h-t-f-u-l
Good Luck with your search for more MPG.
Good Day Sir!

Quick Reply: How can I improve gas milage?