PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hi from the UK

Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shayne100
LOL it says the vid is not available in my country . The H2 is too big for the Isle of Man i drove it around without much trouble but there's no mistaking it takes a lot of confidence to drive down a street with cars parked either side leaving you with only an inch of space either side . Back in Wales now and having got used to driving the H2 I can honestly say i will take anywhere i take my short wheel base Landcruiser . Massive as it may look in reality it is only slightly larger than a Ford Transit van and there's millions of them on the roads in UK .

As far as i'm aware there was never a right hand drive version of the H2 but you can buy a RHD H3 . I am at present tempted to sell the H2 because theres A RHD H3 on ebay right now . Trouble is i can't imagine i'd be satisfied with the little brother after driving the 6l v8 boss . I really am struggling to justify keeping the H2 , its a great machine but the running costs are insane . My modified LC will definitely go more places off road and out last the Hummer and at 20mpg despite being jacked up with 285/75 R16 tyres on 16x8 rims .

I'd have thought the only thing the Isle of Man meant to anyone in America is the TT Races which has the highest fatality rate of any sport anywhere in the world .
I love the Isle of Man TT and always watch it every year!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ninjarider
I love the Isle of Man TT and always watch it every year!
I quit paying much attention to the races when i parked my bike wrong .................. parked it in the middle of a van in a head on collision nigh on 100mph

Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 AM

Wow I'm glad you're okay. Are you still going back on the saddle?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:54 AM

No my bike days are over , i could still ride but 12 years on i might still lose my right leg but hey i shouldn't even be here . I do ok but common sense says it's always the legs that get it on a bike and i'd rather keep the left one in good working order .

Old 09-18-2014, 12:16 PM

looking for a better built brush gard for H2

Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shayne100
No my bike days are over , i could still ride but 12 years on i might still lose my right leg but hey i shouldn't even be here . I do ok but common sense says it's always the legs that get it on a bike and i'd rather keep the left one in good working order .
Take care of yourself, brother.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:37 PM

The way Clarkson says "Isle of Man" makes it sound very masculine. Although surviving a head on collision on a bike on the Isle of Man, also sounds pretty tough.

I don't think I could go to the H3 personally but I am 6' @ 250lbs Plus I really like that rumbly V-8 noise.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 PM

i'm 6ft and 205lbs but like you say the V8 roar is addictive and i would have felt the same when i was a 6 year old half starved midget . I would like to test drive the H3 though , but i can't see me taking to it given how quickly i realized the H2 is not as big as it seems , the mrs was astonished that i was happy to follow her in the Hummer around town the other day when she was driving her Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon i think you guys call it) she started trying to be clever and taking short cuts through little back lanes and stuff trying to leave me behind not a chance

Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ant69
Based entirely on the fact that I'm not from there, I conjure up pictures of things that would come from the, Isle of Man. Chrome, gunpowder, flames, and all things either leather, armoured or painted flat black. And now your H2! Lol

I was just curious if they had offered the H2 in the UK with RHD. It could be an interesting Mod here in the U.S. if parts were available.

Any trouble with narrow streets where you live? Driving along the curb almost eight feet for the centerline would be difficult in itself. Driving into traffic with one wheel at each curb yeilding to traffic would be harrowing.

Top Gear - Hummer H1 & H2 [HQ/WS] - YouTube
Hi Ant

Ive been a fan of Top gear till I saw this video and the assh.... is trying to confuse the audience showing how the H2 makes only 1 MPG ... Clearly the Mpg was just reset , it jumps from 22mpg to 1mpg which is perfectly normal
My 4 cylinder HOnda jumps from 40 to 3mpg when do the same ...
I dont get what was the point on the video but lying to the audience is not fair ... SOrry for the out of topic

Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 AM

That's British sarcasm or sarcastic humor H2Miami and it is well known that it doesn't always translate as it should to the American mindset . The 1mpg claim is typical of Clarkeson's ludicrous exaggerations and was not meant to be believed and wouldn't be believed by a British audience , it was just a light hearted way of saying a Hummer is a thirsty beast - which there is no denying it is .

Its just like him testing a low down sports car and saying he hit a pebble and broke his back , he obviously didn't he is just implying that the ride is harsh and not comfortable at all .

Search this Thread