PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help with rear air bags!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Default Help with rear air bags!!!!!!

i have a 05 H2, sometimes the rear passanger side airbag bleeds out along with the driver side but not as much,i dnt think its athe air bag that is bad because some times it will last all night aired up and some times after 10 mins it starts to drop , cause if the airbag had a hole in it it would do it all the time ... any help ???..... THANKS!!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Sorry, not what you want to hear, but the bag or bags are bad or going bad. I went through the very same thing. They don't get "holes" in them like you would think, rather, they get cracks in them because they are thick rubber. Mine would sometimes stay full of air overnight, and sometimes go flat as soon as I shut off the H2. After asking the Chevy people a number of times (No local Hummer garage), I finally called and talked to a Hummer tech and he explained it to me. I had both replaced at the same time because I felt that letting the compressor run all the time would shorten its' life. The compressor is a lot more expensive than the bags. New bags, never dropped again! Hope I helped you.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:14 AM

If the compressor is fine (not damaged or leaking), then check the lines. If they are ok then 98% of the time the bags are going. They get dry rotted on the inside & start to seep or leak air... So then you would need to either replace the bags or convert them to coils..

I also just converted mine to coils with an internal air assist for when I tow..

Jamie

Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Let me try to save you some time from denial and a lot of wasted time troubleshooting... check my thread out here:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20023

replace the bags...

I have not had one single problem since I did mine... works like new.