PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Default Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy

2005 HUMMER H2 Luxury - Cars For Sale Hendersonville, TN

Tell me anything that looks off or has been put on aftermarket. The wheels off of a special edition model or where they an option? IS this an adventure package or lux package?

Also curious of the factory options this one has.

Thanks!!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM

if you read down on the link you posted the options are listed and it is an Adventure package.
What does the Carfax say. Not always accurate, but will give you an idea where it had been, times sold, etc. Also are there any service records available???

Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by olfart
if you read down on the link you posted the options are listed and it is an Adventure package.
What does the Carfax say. Not always accurate, but will give you an idea where it had been, times sold, etc. Also are there any service records available???

I looked on carfax and it said it had extended warranty coverage. Looked like the rear suspension was fixed under warranty. Asked dealer and he had no idea.

Anything I need to pay close attention to when I look at this. I coming out of a Denali with the 6.0 as well.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 PM

Something on this one screams run. I'm not sure if it's just the grill, the floor mats, the rust under the seats, the missing cup holder lining, the leather seats or the missing jack hardware, or the broken accessory outlets. Judging by the look of the drivers seat the previous owner was a heavy weight and that may have taken it's tole on the seats padding. This thing is at 100k miles and doesn't appear to have been delicately taken care of for sure, so I would be surprised if you don't have about 5k in differed service work to be done on this vehicle. That said most of that stuff can be rectified and given then price my only real concern would be how mechanically sound it is and for that you'd need a mechanic and more than just pictures.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Smile 05 hummer lux

definitely not a lux.. but who really cares about that... I did not see a price.. air suspension is a plus until it begins to leak , then its a PIA and expensive.. Miles are not outrageous but also not great.. The crease in drivers seat is somewhat atypical wear.. Makes you wonder if seat frame isnt bent somewhat like maybe a front end collision with quick deceleration but Im not 100% sure about that... from the cracks in the seats its pretty clear that the leather has had minimal care from previous owner.. Really check the front hub bearings because thats about 700 dollars per side and notoriously common repair.. price would be an important variable on this unit.. hope this helps

Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
definitely not a lux.
Drew I thought the only way to get black interior was with lux package?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Something on this one screams run. I'm not sure if it's just the grill, the floor mats, the rust under the seats, the missing cup holder lining, the leather seats or the missing jack hardware, or the broken accessory outlets. Judging by the look of the drivers seat the previous owner was a heavy weight and that may have taken it's tole on the seats padding. This thing is at 100k miles and doesn't appear to have been delicately taken care of for sure, so I would be surprised if you don't have about 5k in differed service work to be done on this vehicle. That said most of that stuff can be rectified and given then price my only real concern would be how mechanically sound it is and for that you'd need a mechanic and more than just pictures.

Thanks for the reply! I do have a few questions, since I have never owned a Hummer. I just want to purchase the right H2. I thought this would be the perfect place to find out more.

It seemed like something was missing from the console. Where is the rust under the seats? I did see a couple of rusty bolts on the door hindges. Dont know if this is common or not. Whats wrong with the grille?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
definitely not a lux.. but who really cares about that... I did not see a price.. air suspension is a plus until it begins to leak , then its a PIA and expensive.. Miles are not outrageous but also not great.. The crease in drivers seat is somewhat atypical wear.. Makes you wonder if seat frame isnt bent somewhat like maybe a front end collision with quick deceleration but Im not 100% sure about that... from the cracks in the seats its pretty clear that the leather has had minimal care from previous owner.. Really check the front hub bearings because thats about 700 dollars per side and notoriously common repair.. price would be an important variable on this unit.. hope this helps
Price quoted to me was $19K. Can you tell me how it does not have the Luxury Pkg?

I do agree about the seats, they are not in best condition. I did look at the frame/front and there are no damage/prior work.

So best advise is to keep looking? If anyone finds a super nice one, let me know. I prefer a 2005 with black leather. Exterior any color but black or maroon.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Drew I thought the only way to get black interior was with lux package?

From my research, I thought the same.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by savage99ss
Thanks for the reply! I do have a few questions, since I have never owned a Hummer. I just want to purchase the right H2. I thought this would be the perfect place to find out more.

It seemed like something was missing from the console. Where is the rust under the seats? I did see a couple of rusty bolts on the door hindges. Dont know if this is common or not. Whats wrong with the grille?
From the center console, yes there is a rubberized liner that hold cups. The rust appears under both the front driver and passenger seats. As for the grill, something is off there. Every time I look at it from the different angles it just doesn't feel right.

Quick Reply: Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy