PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me with my air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Default Help me with my air suspension

My rear end has been sagging every morning when i wake up and ive daignosed the problem as a leak from the airbags. Its fairly obvious they need to be replaced and theres huge cracks near the bottom.

Anyway, i bought 2 replacement airbags and from what everyone says its super easy and only takes 20 minutes. Before i get started i want to know if anyone has any tips or tricks before i go about this, also i have a few more specific questions:

1. Im using the jack that came with the H2, the manual says to only jack it up using the specified "Jack Point", but when i do this it raises the car from the suspension, and the suspension needs to hang loose... how do i jack up just the body?

2. how do i depressurize the air system? it says only depressurize air suspension using directions found in air suspension. It must be a typo because that literally makes 0 sense. Ive searched all over the air suspension and i dont see any compartments that have the directions on how to depressurize it...

3. From what i understand, once the car is jacked up i pop off the old bags, disconect the airline, then pop the new ones on and reconnect the lines and lower the car. Is there anything else i need to know?

thanks in advance

Old 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM

no help?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 PM

anybody?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Ok im just gonna take it to a mechanic

Old 01-17-2012, 02:02 PM

I used a 3 ton jack under the hitch. jack it off the axle and then proceed to take the bags off. when you get the new bags back in place, you want to start your truck but leave your rear hatch open till you get to the rear of the truck. When your at the rear, let a little pressure off the jack to lower the truck a bit, then close your hatch to let your compressor start for a few seconds then open the hatch to stop the compressor. Don't let it fill the bags the whole way up till your sure the bags are aligned with the seats on the axle. Then you can let more pressure out of the jacks and start the compressor (close the hatch) again and let it lift the vehicle the whole way up. After your compressor stops and vehicle is at ride height, spray some soapy water around the air lines to check for leaks and then your finished. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore tips ,as I just did this to my ride.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Whatever you do---DO NOT USE THE VEHICLE JACK TO REPLACE THE BAGS!!
I'm completely against using all caps because it is construed as yelling.
I hope you get my point. People have been killed doing stuff like this.
If you don't have a jack, find a friend who knows what they're doing to help or take it to a shop.
Your life is too valuable to have somebody trying to figure out how to get a 3 ton truck off of you!
As to replacing the bags, I've heard it's pretty straightforward and can be done pretty quickly if you've got the mechanical sense.
Good luck and let us know how it goes---

Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 AM

thanks guys, i went out and bought a jack and some jack stands, once i got it jacked up i still couldnt figure out how to depressurize in air suspension... the cryptic directions from suncoresystems werent made any better by the video (they pretty much just read the directions ver batim)

I ended up taking it to the dealsership and had them install them for $240

Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Man that sucks that you took it to the dealer, i did my air springs on my 05 in like 15 min, one of my air springs had no air so there was no depressurizing, but i had to stab the other one with a knife, i know it sounds bad, but it works, then you just twist it off and push in the tab that the air line goes in while pulling out the line, its the same installing the new ones, just push in and insert, give it a little tug to make sure its locked,(twist is back on) then i lowered the jack little by little and made sure the bags were aligned right before i put it back down, i did them one at a time with a 3 ton jack, when you turn on the compressor, your going to hear a loud pop so dont be scared something went wrong... lol i did i was like **** lol, but it was fine, im sorry i couldn't help you earlier, but i hope this helps someone. i think there is a tab that lets you twist it off but it was a while back, either way its really easy. oh and just lift the hummer like you were changing the back tires.