PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:58 PM

I've used it before in the engine, it is a must to change the oil after though. It does a hell of a cleaning!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:31 PM

I used it on a old car 30 years ago and it started burning oil really bad after the cleaning, which it did not do be for the cleaning, I would not do it again my self, It probably cleaned it to well and took all the carbon deposits off the valve stems and let the oil run through,

Old 10-27-2014, 09:31 AM

So I'm still getting the low oil pressure warning intermittently. Maybe 1 out of ten times😡 going to try the seafoM tonight in the crankcase and see if it will free up the relief valve in the oil pump. If this doesn't work I guess it's time for a new oil pump before she goes boom!

Old 10-27-2014, 01:09 PM

That sucks, I just changed my oil this morning. While I was under there I was looking at the oil pan thinking, what a bitch to drop that pan! Then I read your post lol.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:27 PM

Maybe the oil pump relief valve sticking or the oil pick-up strainer has a debris and it's clogging.

Last edited by citiboy; 10-27-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Update: so I've still been dealing with this. Hopefully when I pick the deuce up from the garage today it will be put to bed.

So I tried the seafoam in the motor. While I had the seafoam in no issues. As soon as I drained it and put new oil and filtr in same issue.

Took it back to the shop and told them to replace the oil pump. My deuce has been there since last Wednesday can't wait to get her back tonight.

Just in time for snow tomorrow.😡

Old 11-16-2014, 10:16 AM

So I've had her back since Wednesday. I can tell just by the way the gauge acts now that it is fixed. Cost me 1800 with the initial visit to the garage. Just glad I didn't lose my motor or damage any bearings etc.

So for sh$tz and giggles I kept the old oil pump and took it apart to see if I could determine what caused the failure.

On initial inspection you can see that oil has baked on the outside cover indicating that the PO was full of sh$t about his stellar maint.

So I popped the cover off. Spotless in here and the gears mesh nicely with no metal shavings or debris.

Then pull the Allen bolt for the relief valve. Not so clean in here. Pull the piston out and immediately find chunks of debris and scoring on the side of the piston. Also found a score and bur in the cylinder wall where the piston seats. The debris appears to be hard sludge.

The moral of the story is change your oil frequently. The ports on the valve are very small and it doesn't take much to clog them. These things are prone to failure.

Attached Thumbnails Help low oil pressure-image.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 10:19 AM

For some reason I can only post one pic at a time

Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 AM

More pics

Old 11-17-2014, 07:10 AM

"The moral of the story is change your oil frequently. The ports on the valve are very small and it doesn't take much to clog them. These things are prone to failure."

How often did you usually change the oil .. What oil ,

Quick Reply: Help low oil pressure