PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help With Hummer H2 | New Guy

Old 09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Exclamation Help With Hummer H2 | New Guy

Hello Fellows (& Lady Fellows)

Here's The Situation.

My (Very Rich) Uncle From Moscow Wants A Hummer. H2 To Be Specific 06-07.

So I Went Out & Found One.
He Wanted A White One So I Got Him The White One.

Now, His Budget Is $50,000.00

The Car Cost $34,000.00 (Cash 8) ) & It Costs $14,000.00 To Transport It There. Which Leaves Us With About 2 Grand. (He's Willing To Add A Little More On Top, So Lets Say All In All I Have A $6,000.00 Budget (It'd Be SO Much Nicer To Go Less Than That.

Now He Wants Me To Pimp It...Not His Exact Words But Whatever.

When I First Bought My Mercedes I Found A Mercedes Forum, & To Be Honest I Owe A LOT Of My Mercedes Mods To Those Guys, Because They Really Helped Me Out. Hopefully You Can Do The Same.

Please Keep In Mind This Is My First Hummer. Ever.
In Fact Before This Hummer I Haven't Even Ridden In One. Yea, I'm THAT New.
To Be Honest I'm More Of A Mercedes Guy (I'll Show You Guys Pics Of My Modded Car Later) But All That Aside Its His Car, So I Need Help (badly).

The Car Is White & Black, He Wants It To Be White & Chrome.

So I Got To Eliminate All The Black.

So Far He Wants...

1. All Chrome (EVERYTHING ON THE EXTERIOR).
2. Xenons.
3. Rims.
4. Tv's On The Front Seat Head Rests (So The Kids In The Back Can Watch).
5. Suade Ceiling.
6. Back Up Camera.
7. All Exterior & Interior Lights To Be White With A Hint Of Blue.
8. Pretty Much Everything You Guys Can Help Me To Mod This Car Would Be Great.

Now There's This Site (2007 Hummer H2 Chrome Accessories & Trim) & they have a lot of great chrome parts, but they're very expensive.
Maybe You, Or Someone You Know, Or You Know A Cheap Site Where I Can Get These Parts Chrome From? ETC.

Any & ALL Responses Are Appreciated. Please & Thank You All.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 AM

P.S.

My Facebook : Mikhail Airiyan | Facebook
Email : Dusty911@gmail.com
Number : 818-442-8243

In Case You Want To Contact Me To Tell Me Any Information That Could Help.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM

My first suggestion for you would be to establish your budget. You know roughly how much you can spend on the H2 but you will have to decide how much you want to allocate to each mod. To do this, you'll need to do some homework. Write out a list (similiar to what you have done here) and PRIORITIZE what mod you want to do first, second, third, and so on. You can base it in different ways like by price, by date, by system, etc. This will help you start searching around for the best places that carry your items that you are looking for. Some mods will be relatively easy to accomplish while others may take a bit longer or be more costly. Dont forget to factor in shipping costs and delivery dates. Some companies will ship immediately after receiving payment while others will ship their products on specific dates or intervals.
Another issue in your homework is spending time looking up different sites on the internet. Avoid buying the first item you are looking for on the first website you find, take time to see if you can locate that same item on another site for a lower cost. Another issue is if you choose to order multiple items from the same company, make sure they will save you money in the shipping costs by ordering their products at the same time rather than ordering one thing one week and than another item from the same company the next week. Check companies that are reputable, ask on boards like this from other members if they like "this" company or "that" company. I'm sure that there are many members here that know which ones are good to shop from and which ones to avoid.
Next is installation. Will you be doing these mods yourself or will you be hiring someone who you trust to install the mods for you? What are they going to charge? A flat rate or a per-hour rate? Try to do the mods yourself if you feel comfortable. Some mods will have to be done professionally, be sure you know or get quotes in writing before authorizing any work on the H2. DO they offer any kind of workmanship warranty? What about a timeline?......how long have you been given to get this list completed?? Again, do your homework and make sure you address issues that arise (and they will).

This is what I do when I mod any of my vehicles including my H2. Hope this helps.