PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Heated Windshield Washer System

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Default Heated Windshield Washer System

Hello everyone. I'm a new Hummer H2 owner, and I'm really loving it!

I have a 2008 and I belive it has what is called the Luxury group, because it has DVD Navigation, Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System, Rear Veiw Backup Camera System...

This post concerns, as the title states, the Heated Windshield Washer System that was available on some Hummer H2's.

Since I purchased this Hummer used, I cannot be completely sure I have this option, but, my question is, if the button is there, can I assume that the system is present? If so, it is not operating at all, because when I press the button, nothing happens, and the light on the button does not light.

I bring this question up because my previous large vehicle that was similar to a Hummer was a Mercedes Benz G500. The CD/Navigation system had a Telephone button, but, just because the button was there did not mean that option was present. Being that option was a $2500 add-on when I purchased the G500, I did not add it.

I looked in the book, and it states that in the underhood fuse block, #57 handles this feature. I have not yet opened the hood to look. I have had to treat the brush guard pins with WD-40 so I can get the brush guard down to open the hood. Secondly, I am not completely sure just how to open and close the hood, but, it looks like it might be time to learn!

Thanks for any help in this regard.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:42 AM

Heated washer fluid system was removed by GM due to fire safety hazzard. In most cases the dealer just cut the wires to the fuse box

Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by olfart
Heated washer fluid system was removed by GM due to fire safety hazzard. In most cases the dealer just cut the wires to the fuse box
X2, safety (melted plastic fluid reservoirs) and cracking windshields due to the temprature differences (esp. with previously starred or cracked windshields).