Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Headlights, Halo's and DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Now I hate you .... those snow pics are nice

Love you truck
.. What brand are those ladders .. Doesn't looks like Gobi

Got to get led headlights.. I had HID for many years but those Led are worth it
Thank You...bought the ladders years ago on eBay...don't recall the name nor have I seen them for sale in a long time...I really like the Led headlights...also added led bulbs to the day Tim running lights and wired them to the parking lights so they are on all the time...hardest part of the job for me was taking the brush guard off/on...otherwise piece of cake job!

Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jr's 03 HMMMV
but I tell you IMO those in the video that also blink with the turn signals are really nice. After all of these years anything even a good flashlight is better than oem.
yeah my blinkers are built into the headlights...wired them to signals...also easy

Old 01-13-2017, 01:32 PM

I saw an adapter on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/9007-Female-A.../dp/B01BBNTIVG

Would this need to be purchased in addition to the lights themselves? For the blinkers and DRL integration, are there other adapters or did you have to splice wires?

Old 01-14-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by clsimmon
I saw an adapter on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/9007-Female-A.../dp/B01BBNTIVG

Would this need to be purchased in addition to the lights themselves? For the blinkers and DRL integration, are there other adapters or did you have to splice wires?
Yup that looks like the adapter I bought

Old 01-18-2017, 05:25 AM

Great work Caraddict! Nice looking truck you have there. I think we wired our lights up the same way! I have been looking to buy a winch for mine but I notice the receiver in the front the locking pin stands vertical. Could you possibly post a link for the plate you used and any recommendation you might have for a good winch?

Old 01-18-2017, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by H2 Chief
Great work Caraddict! Nice looking truck you have there. I think we wired our lights up the same way! I have been looking to buy a winch for mine but I notice the receiver in the front the locking pin stands vertical. Could you possibly post a link for the plate you used and any recommendation you might have for a good winch?
In my case I drilled a vertical hole on the winch mount . Easy to do

Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by H2 Chief
Thank you...I did what H2Miami did...I made the hole closer to the end so the hood opens further...my last winch (now on back) I made the hole in the same spot...it was a bitch to do anything under the hood without removing the winch...now it opens way further!����

Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
In my case I drilled a vertical hole on the winch mount . Easy to do
yup piece of cake!

Old 01-21-2017, 12:03 PM

So is the part you have to cut to put the lights into the slot replaceable or is it an actual part of the hood?
Being able to go back to the original lights as originally designed put into the truck is important to me. I assume the plastic you have to cut is there for stability of the original lights.

Also (but least important) why didn't you tie the DRLs into the existing DRL wiring so that it turns off when parked in the day time?

Old 01-21-2017, 06:06 PM

I'm thinking about throwing in 7" LED headlights and 4" DRL LED lights. The headlights come with a factory H4/9003 plug did you guys use some sort of adapter or just cut the wires ?

7"

4"

Quick Reply: Headlights, Halo's and DRL's