PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Headers, recommendations

Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Default Headers, recommendations

Looking to further the upgrades of the 2. ANyone have recommendations for headers? do they add much noise? I"m looking at Gibson Exhaust Performance Header at autoanything.com with coupon it's under $400

Old 04-22-2014, 02:58 PM

I can't speak for the guys that have done a complete exhaust but mine were only slightly louder than stock. I went with the JBA Ceramic Short headers.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Default Did the same

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
I can't speak for the guys that have done a complete exhaust but mine were only slightly louder than stock. I went with the JBA Ceramic Short headers.
That's what I run also. Left the cats in place, then installed a magnaflow muffler in place of the stock. It sounds just right to my ears. Not much louder in cab compared to stock. Sounds great outside.

Ran the Gibson junk on my H3. It was had a drone in the cab that I just could not tolerate, so put the stock system back on. Spoke to Gibson about it and the were no help. Now that said I have not run it on the H2.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by accely
Looking to further the upgrades of the 2. ANyone have recommendations for headers? do they add much noise? I"m looking at Gibson Exhaust Performance Header at autoanything.com with coupon it's under $400
I am doing this very mod this weekend. I got the Gibson shorty headers for my H2 and have already modded my exhaust from the stock single pipe to a dual cat back system. Gibson model is #GP129. They come in chrome, stainless steel and ceramic coated. It should add around 10-12 hp and 20lbs of torque to my system. Sound shouldn't change much since I have a Flowmaster on it.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:40 AM

GAH, beating me to the mods AGAIN FYR!!!!!!

When I do mine I think I'll be going with OBX LT's. They have a catted system for a decent price and I've never heard anything bad about OBX.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
GAH, beating me to the mods AGAIN FYR!!!!!!

When I do mine I think I'll be going with OBX LT's. They have a catted system for a decent price and I've never heard anything bad about OBX.
Oh no, not so fast............wait a minute here.

Beating YOU????? I don't think so. I am so far behind YOU and your mods, it'll take a decade just to list all you've done and then just even try to catch up to what you got!!!!!

'Lest we forget all those LED lights in the interior that I've been wanting to do.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM

I know......we need to get you all set up with those lights! No more nasty yellow stock bulbs.

My wife bought a Jeep Liberty limited 4x4 Jet edition and I swapped out all the interior bulbs. I couldn't believe how much better it looked!.

Name:  thread_hijack_live.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 04-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I know......we need to get you all set up with those lights! No more nasty yellow stock bulbs.

My wife bought a Jeep Liberty limited 4x4 Jet edition and I swapped out all the interior bulbs. I couldn't believe how much better it looked!.

I'll bet the Jeep looks great !! If the H2 is any indicator of just how much better the lighting is, then the jeep must be even better!

Old 04-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Thumbs up Headers installed

Ok, so heres my report on my newest mod..........(insert drum roll here), Tadah..........shorty headers by Gibson.

Install went basically well, had a few issues but nothing major. Of course getting them in place and around everything took some work but eventually they got inline. No broken bolts (thank heavens). Gasket was a bit chewed up from being placed in the bottom of the box and with all the shipping from the store to my house, one gasket was a bit torn but was useable.

After the install, bolts were torqued to specs and I will have to bring them back for another tightening after 100 miles or so to let the metal and gasket get set in place as the metal expands and contracts. I enjoyed the moment when I looked down at the motor and those nice shinny headers flanked on each side of it, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Then once installed, it was time to go for a ride!!! YAY!!!

I can say that compared to the stock manifold, there is a noticeable difference in torque. My rig seamed to want to "giddy-up" a bit faster when I got on it from a dead stop. Not as much show on the mid-range as its running through the gears. But I did notice on the freeway, when I leaned on it more, it seemed to have a better pick up and got up to higher speeds a bit faster than before. I can feel the torque more readily during a turn at an intersection from a dead stop. I will be enjoying this mod now that I have a bit more power, i'll just need to track my MPG to see just how much my mpg will go down based on how much I can keep my foot out of it.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:26 AM

Hey nice review fyr145. You've just about convinced me to get headers put on mine now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers, recommendations