PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Question Headers

I have an 2004 H2, and need some advice on headers.
Long or short tubes?
Make? Ceramic coating, Stainless or ??? Pros,Cons????
Catback???
Can anyone help by giving me advice on the best setup/combo?
I just want to spend my money wisely. Thanks in advance,Dennis

Old 09-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Long tubes will give you the best power gains, As far as ceramic coat or stainless, I'm not sure how good stainless is but I had ceramic coat on firebird and they didn't really hold up well. They became dull and started to pit. As far as the Cat back go with the magna-flo true dual exhaust.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by DTS62284
Long tubes will give you the best power gains, As far as ceramic coat or stainless, I'm not sure how good stainless is but I had ceramic coat on firebird and they didn't really hold up well. They became dull and started to pit. As far as the Cat back go with the magna-flo true dual exhaust.
Thanks for your advice. On the headers, is there a paticular brand that is better? I only see OBX on ebay at this time. Borla makes short tubes. On the Magnaflo, do you mean 2 single exhaust tips? I have the borla single with 2 tips presently. What's the difference? Thanks again for your time.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 AM

As far as headers go not sure on the brand, its not like your building a drag car and every ounce of power counts, I was looking at the same headers on e-bay and they do look nice. They will definitely breath a lot better than the stock manifolds. As far as the exhaust by magnaflo the have a cat back that has true duals you have two pipes going into one muffler just like the stock setup, but you also have two pipes coming out the back. If you searching on ebay it is on there. Look up hummer h2 exhaust and search in the 450-600 range and it should come up.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Default Headers for H2

Any header experts out there? Do you have them on your H2? If so -

1. What brand? Long or short tubes?

2. Any gas savings?

3. Notice any power difference?

4. Who best for install? Seattle area/

thanks,

Kevin

Old 10-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by DTS62284
As far as headers go not sure on the brand, its not like your building a drag car and every ounce of power counts, I was looking at the same headers on e-bay and they do look nice. They will definitely breath a lot better than the stock manifolds. As far as the exhaust by magnaflo the have a cat back that has true duals you have two pipes going into one muffler just like the stock setup, but you also have two pipes coming out the back. If you searching on ebay it is on there. Look up hummer h2 exhaust and search in the 450-600 range and it should come up.
Do the true duals get you more results? How much more than the 2 into 1?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 AM

I would definitely go with the true dual exhaust since you are doing the headers as well, now if you were just doing a cat back and keeping the headers stock then the difference between duals and single exhaust would be minor. The true duals will definitely give you better results either way. For example you have a single exhaust and your trying to push all that exhaust out of a 2 3/4" pipe, but if you had duals two pipes at 2 3/4", that's equivalent to having one 5" pipe. So any time you get the exhaust out faster your going to see good gains.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM

looking to do the OXB with high flow cats any one had any experience

Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 PM

I want some Borla headers for my H2. I dont think you can find a better exhaust than Borla.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:59 AM

i have a set of stainless edelbrock shorties on mine and have absolutely zero complaints. i paired it with a magnaflow dual exhaust and i love the sound. from my experiences on the dyno, unless you are already putting down huge numbers then there really ins't any performance differance between short and long tube headers. so unless you are supercharged and looking at 700hp in the near future, save some money and go shorties. between the entire exhaust and cai i gained 39hp at the wheels on old fuel. that is before the tuning. as for gas mileage....... i stopped looking at the counter on the pump!

Last edited by cdwaterman88; 01-07-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Headers