PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Have anyone use Vinyl wrap ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Default Have anyone use Vinyl wrap ?

Im thinking on using this vinyl wrap(orange/black) for the skid plate and maybe a few other places

Anyone had used this before . How long it may last , how hard is to install

Here it is the ebay link

24" x 60" Matte Orange Vinyl Sheet Wrap Decal Universal | eBay

thank you

Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM

If you were considering a wrap for the surface of the vehicle i would say go for it but be careful who you take your vehicle to because some, if not cautious, could cut through the paint while applying the vinyl.
I seen many who painted their skid plate (partial paint) but never seen a vinyl wrapped one. I would not do it if you care about my opinion.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:32 PM

There are alot of people over the years that have painted their skid and applied vinly decals over the H2.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM

My Porsche has a clear wrap on the hood,fenders,mirrors,headlights & behind the rear tires & it holds up well...I've owned the car 3 years ...it was on the car when I bought it... Since the paint is perfect underneath IDE guess its been on for a long time!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 AM

Thanks all for the replays

@KA H2 Im not going to apply the vinyl over the paint , it is just for the skid plate and maybe a couple place on the bumper to make the color match more evenly
@bflorin good to know , I guess Im going to try it , better than paint , any day I want it back to original just remove the vinyl

@Caraddict what is the point of the clear , protect the paint or it will add a different look ?

Thank you all

Old 09-14-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Thanks all for the replays

@KA H2 Im not going to apply the vinyl over the paint , it is just for the skid plate and maybe a couple place on the bumper to make the color match more evenly
@bflorin good to know , I guess Im going to try it , better than paint , any day I want it back to original just remove the vinyl

@Caraddict what is the point of the clear , protect the paint or it will add a different look ?

Thank you all
yes it is to protect the paint...which is a good thing but it doesn't shine as good as the areas of the car without it...

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by KA H2
If you were considering a wrap for the surface mf the vehicle i would say go for it but be careful who you take your vehicle to because some, if not cautious, could cut through the paint while applying the vinyl.
I seen many who painted their skid plate (partial paint) but never seen a vinyl wrapped one. I would not do it if you care about my opinion.

Good luck!
Wish you were here when I had someone apply my vinyl.. F'ed my paint up so hard..

Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 PM

You could also polish up the H2 real good, put the H2 decal over it as a paint mask. paint the skid and remove it.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
You could also polish up the H2 real good, put the H2 decal over it as a paint mask. paint the skid and remove it.
Not bad idea but I always like to do the transformations in a reversible way. I love those lift trucks with lots of aftermarkets parts but not for mine .

. I will polish the H2 then wrap it and cut/remove the H2 part . this way if I want it the way it was it is just removing the vinyl .
Should looks nice the polish H2 with black or orange vinyl ( not decided vinyl color yet) .

Is there any product for the polish job or I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks

Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM

ive been thinking heavily about putting clear on mine next summer so that if it gets scratched up, its much easier to peel off some vinyl than repaint or buff on scratches.

subscribed for info on them.
steve

Quick Reply: Have anyone use Vinyl wrap ?