PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 Wipers don't park in correct position.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Default H2 Wipers don't park in correct position.

Hello,

I have a 2003 H2. The wipers froze to the windsheild during a ice storm we had a few days ago. I must have left the wipers on while they where frozen to the glass. Once they unfrooze they worked great until i shut them off. Once i shut them off they go all the way down and than come back up about 5 inches from the bottem. They don't park at the correct location. It's like something go moved and they think there suppose to park higher up for some reason. I tried to manual pull them down, but when i start the truck back up they go back up 5 inchs... Its like there playing a mean joke on me. Is there any adjustment for the park on the wipers? Am i going to need a new wiper motor? This all happened durring the ice storm, so that had something to do with it. Please help.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Default RE: H2 Wipers don't park in correct position.

Maybe wait till EVERYTHING thaws out. There could just be some ice stuck that's holding them up!!

Old 02-18-2007, 01:32 PM

The ice has melted and the wipers still do not park in the correct position.

Does anyone have any idea how to locate a service manual that will show me how to remove the wiper motor? I am not sure if i need a new wiper motor, or circuit board, or if i can just adjust something to fix this problem.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM

i really doubt you have to replace the wiper motor. have you disconnected the battery since then? that's one of the service dept's master fixes, seems to clear up a lot of stuff. i have the shop manual, i'll look to see if there's a stop/park adjustment, could be the motor moved it when the wipers were frozen to the windshield.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:51 PM

you probably had the wiper transmission connection slip where it connects to the motor. remove the wiper arms - pull up the blade a bit, use a flat blade screwdriver to pull up the locking tab where the blade connects to the vehicle and pull the whole arm up and off. remove the fake intake covers on each side, then remove the entire fresh air intake cover to expose the wiper motor. you'll need to remove the washer hose connections as well. loosen the wiper motor connection where the transmission assembly goes and lightly press one of the wiper arms back on to the nub, but not all the way. adjust the transmission back to the normal park position and retighten the motor connection. reassemble and check your park location with the air intake body section in place. because of the cutout buckets the wiper arms sit in, you may need to do it a few times to get it just right.

after reading the manual, this is the best advice i can give you, since there is no troubleshooting description listedfor this particular problem. if all else fails, have a pro do it.

almost forgot, test your wipers after everything is back together, if they hit the intake cover, you've screwed it up and will never take my advice again. [] i'd still try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes first, that's far easier and just may do the trick the first time.