PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

h2 spare tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Default h2 spare tire carrier

update-sold I have an extra spare tire carrier off a 2003 h2, mounts to the rear bumper. It also has the license plate relocator kit with it. Whats a fair price to ask on this, i am thinking about $ 350.00, to cheap, to expensive? thanks

Last edited by bigstick0000; 06-13-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: sold, close please
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bigstick0000
I have an extra spare tire carrier off a 2003 h2, mounts to the rear bumper. It also has the license plate relocator kit with it. Whats a fair price to ask on this, i am thinking about $ 350.00, to cheap, to expensive? thanks
I sold a couple of these for around $500.00

Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 AM

$500 seems very fair

Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM

where are you and can you post a picture?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Default Looking for Another?

Here is a link to Craigslist Monterey

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3207903520

MOVING & MUST GO! BEST OFFER!

H2 EXTERIOR SPARE TIRE CARRIER (Check out the attached pictures...)

This came off of a 2008 Hummer H2 and is in excellent condition. It features two tow hooks and a license plate mount.

The affordable way to increase rear cargo space in your H2. The tire carrier places the spare tire on a welded steel carrier that mounts to the rear bumper, and uses cast stainless steel hinge and t-pin latch bracket for the ultimate in strength. Finished in black power coated steel for durability and great looks.

Attached Thumbnails h2 spare tire carrier-img_0614.jpg   h2 spare tire carrier-img_0615.jpg   h2 spare tire carrier-img_0616.jpg   h2 spare tire carrier-img_0617.jpg  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Default Pictures are attached to thread...

I agree about the price. They are going new for around $800. Pictures are attached to the post above.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Default 2004 Inside Spare Tire mount assembly with Cover

To free some space I got the rear tire mount assembly and took out the inside spare tire mount assembly. I've got all the bolts and rack, as well as the spare tire cover. Is anyone interested in purchasing this? I'm in Oklahoma.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Default Lonny

Hi there I am in desperate need of a h2 spare tyre carrier which would increase my cargo space somewhat
i have a 2004 h2 hummer which I hope is compatible
however I live on the other side of the world Australia in fact
and they do not stock them here,I have been looking out for one for ages now but to no avail until I stumbled across your one, I am willing to do what ever it takes to have it shipped out here shipping costs etc
Please let me know ASAP
Thank you Lonny

MOVING & MUST GO! BEST OFFER!

H2 EXTERIOR SPARE TIRE CARRIER (Check out the attached pictures...)

This came off of a 2008 Hummer H2 and is in excellent condition. It features two tow hooks and a license plate mount.

The affordable way to increase rear cargo space in your H2. The tire carrier places the spare tire on a welded steel carrier that mounts to the rear bumper, and uses cast stainless steel hinge and t-pin latch bracket for the ultimate in strength. Finished in black power coated steel for durability and great looks.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-27-2019, 10:00 AM

Lonny - that ad is from 7 years ago and that member has not even signed onto here in over 5 years. It is highly unlikely that they still have that.

The external spare tire carrier is not just "not stocked" in AU. They are not stocked anywhere as they have not been made in about 10 years.

I'm not sure that one for a 2008/2009 will mount properly on a 2003-2007 model but I know one for a 2003-2007 model certainly will. You also have to add wiring for the relocated license plate light. There is an aftermarket one that I see on eBay and other than that you would need to find a used one that is from a CURRENT ad for sale. On top of that whoever the seller is, you would need to convince them to package it in a way that would survive the long overseas shipping. It is a large and heavy bit of hardware as well. I'd imagine just the shipping costs would easily be in the several hundreds of dollars if not more.

Also keep in mind. While it does free up more storage space in the rear hatch, it does make using the hatch MUCH more annoying as you then have to unlatch and swing the spare tire out of the way anytime you want to open the hatch. On a hill, inclement weather, etc that can really be irritating. Many opt for getting some sort of roof rack and mounting the spare up on the roof or just removing it and going without. That of course is not a great plan if you offroad a lot or travel much to sparsely populated areas.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Default Spare Carrier, or Not?

Opinions Please,

I purchased my 06 SUT primarily to be used for home projects when I need a truck. Considering it is a quasi 3/4 ton pickup I thought it would work out nicely. I figured out almost immediately the Tonneau cover and spare tire carrier was, shall we say more of a pain then they were worth and off the came. Since I could not stand looking at the bolts (that held on the carrier) I opted for some aftermarket tow eye's. People wanted crazy money for the stock standard tow eyes. I added a rear illuminated tag bracket and bingo.

This has worked out well and even though I only have what is a 3 foot bed with the midgate open and the tailgate down the SUT becomes a very useful truck. I was a little concerned removing the carrier and cover would detract from the look but actually (imho) it looks cleaner.
Thoughts?

Quick Reply: h2 spare tire carrier