Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Default H2 Light Bar

Hi all I just bought my first Hummer and it is an H2 with a burned out bulb in the rooftop light bar. It appears the lights are Delta 10X and I cannot figure out how to open the assembly to remove the bad bulb, so does anyone here have some words of wisdom to start my learning curve?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:49 PM

I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem and can't find anyone on here mentioning how to change the bulb on the H2 low-profile factory light bars.

dalewis62, did you finally get yours open? Where did you buy the replacement bulb?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Are you talking about the lights mounted on the roof or lights on a roof mounted bar?

The roof mounted lights come apart for bulb replacement.
The bulb can be found at any auto parts store.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM

We are both talking about the roof-mounted light bar. It's the one that came on the special edition H2's and looks like this:
http://cdn2.worldcarfans.co/2007/2/m...005.Mini5L.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any obvious way to get at the bulbs for replacement.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM

Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM

I've got that light bar and two broken covers so I'll go out in a bit and see just how they come off. I'll report back shortly. I ordered the replacement covers so I need to know that info myself.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Well I just removed one of mine that was broken from the light bar. I don't see where the lens is removable. I did order two replacements from delta so once I see what they send, I'll post it. It looks like the housing is one piece with the lens and maybe you just take out the guts and put them in the new housing. I don't know. My new ones should be here any day now. At $35 each maybe it is the whole assembly. Stay tuned.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM

I am going to try to post a pic with this but if it doesn't come through then what I received from Delta are two complete housings so the lens doesn't come by itself. I am now going to have to order two more if I want them to match as the new ones say Delta in Black lettering across the front.

Attached Thumbnails H2 Light Bar-img_0737.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 PM

By the way, I emailed Delta and they said this is what I needed. Upon opening, I can see that they were wrong. I will be sending them back. I am sure for our light bar they will send the same type of assembly as far as a whole and not just a lens. I will post the correct part # when I get it. UGGGHHH!

Old 01-14-2024, 09:38 AM
Default Newbie here Did you ever figure out how to replace bulbs on the factory lightbar?

Did you figure out how to open the assembly in order to change the bulbs?
Originally Posted by dalewis62
Hi all I just bought my first Hummer and it is an H2 with a burned out bulb in the rooftop light bar. It appears the lights are Delta 10X and I cannot figure out how to open the assembly to remove the bad bulb, so does anyone here have some words of wisdom to start my learning curve?

Quick Reply: H2 Light Bar