PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 as a daily?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:34 AM
Default H2 daily driver

Best darn vehicle to travel in. I have had 3 of them. You will arrive safely.
Comfort. Space for kids. Cant get it stuck. High enough for torrential rains.
Enough said.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:08 PM

I love my H2 as a daily driver. I drive about 10 miles roundtrip to work so the gas doesn't hit me too hard there but as someone already said the truck is not as big as it seems after you get used to it.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:19 PM

All depending in many facts... If you plan to drive more than 10-15 miles daily , how bad is the traffic , parking (wide and height ) , HOw is your driving calm and slow or like a car racer ... There are many fact which could affect the choice

I love the Hummer but usually I drive around 100 miles a day , 40% in heavy traffic , usually speeding @ 75 mph .. So for sure a hummer is not for me as a daily ( gas would kill me) plus not the faster and easy to handle car
In the other hand the weekend when hanging around or going the keys(300miles) then I LOVE IT ... Btw if you drive 100 miles daily even in HYW do NOT expect more than 11 MPG so you wont be frustrated

Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM

I'm supposed to go get an '06 H2 today.
I have my own financing, trading in my '07 H3 and got the dealer down $3500 from the asking price.
I had my own mechanic check it out and it needs some repairs, but he assures me he can fix it for less than the retail repair costs of $1800 which I provided to the dealer as a bargaining chip.

This morning a woke up with cold feet, thinking, what if gas goes up to almost $5/gallon like it almost did a few years ago.

I've driven 2 of them around and they don't feel as big as they look. I have wanted an H2 since they came out but I couldn't afford it back them.

The resale value for the H2 is still good, however the resale value on my H3 is not so good because it's a stick. Personally that makes it better, but so many people can't drive a stick.

I'll have the H2 paid off earlier than the 42 months of the financing, and as much as I love the H2 it isn't a practical vehicle.

I know other large SUVs and muscle cars are just as impractical and I'm not a "tree hugging hippie", but it does concern me somewhat.
I just love this truck.
So, I'm conflicted.

No paperwork has been signed by the way.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=pool_shark;318044]I'm supposed to go get an '06 H2 today.
I have my own financing, trading in my '07 H3 and got the dealer down $3500 from the asking price.
I had my own mechanic check it out and it needs some repairs, but he assures me he can fix it for less than the retail repair costs of $1800 which I provided to the dealer as a bargaining chip.

This morning a woke up with cold feet, thinking, what if gas goes up to almost $5/gallon like it almost did a few years ago.

I've driven 2 of them around and they don't feel as big as they look. I have wanted an H2 since they came out but I couldn't afford it back them.

The resale value for the H2 is still good, however the resale value on my H3 is not so good because it's a stick. Personally that makes it better, but so many people can't drive a stick.

I'll have the H2 paid off earlier than the 42 months of the financing, and as much as I love the H2 it isn't a practical vehicle.

I know other large SUVs and muscle cars are just as impractical and I'm not a "tree hugging hippie", but it does concern me somewhat.
I just love this truck.
So, I'm conflicted.

No paperwork has been signed by the way.[/QUOTE

You know..... You only live once... Treat yourself.

This is how I made my decision. If gas goes up to where I can't afford it. I will park a Jetta in the driveway. But the deuce isn't going anywhere.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo
You know..... You only live once... Treat yourself.

This is how I made my decision. If gas goes up to where I can't afford it. I will park a Jetta in the driveway. But the deuce isn't going anywhere.
You're right. Thanks you. I bought it.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:46 PM

I actually decided to go with a Land Rover LR3. The main reason was that the dealers near me had listed vehicles that were sold and an LR3 was a close second choice. I know gas wasn't my main concern but from driving the LR3 a couple hundred miles now I know the gas in the hummer would if sucked a lot I'm getting around 15.5 mpg mainly city driving and I can't even imagine 8 or 9 mpg

Old 10-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Wink new LR3

Originally Posted by cgray11
I actually decided to go with a Land Rover LR3. The main reason was that the dealers near me had listed vehicles that were sold and an LR3 was a close second choice. I know gas wasn't my main concern but from driving the LR3 a couple hundred miles now I know the gas in the hummer would if sucked a lot I'm getting around 15.5 mpg mainly city driving and I can't even imagine 8 or 9 mpg
Congrats
LR3 is decent choice, but parts and repair prices are Outrageous and most Land Rover parts are dealer only. You must be prepared to bend over when it breaks. $$$$$$

. I know I have 2 Land Rovers and an H2. My H2 gets 11.5 always and thats with Good Year Wrangler MTRs On It