PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 as a daily?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Default H2 as a daily?

Hello I am strongly considering buying an 2003-2005 H2 within the next couple of weeks I was considering an H3 or LR3 but i see their resale value dropping drastically in the next few years IMO. I was wondering who daily drives their H2 and what do you like and dis like about it as your daily? I have to drive 100 miles a day 4 times a week for work. I know gas is alot but thats a given.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 PM

use mine as daily and love everything about it, obviously we are excluding gas milage in this topic, no complaints about using it every day here

Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 PM

Mine is my DD. I don't see why not honestly. Gas mileage is no worse than any other full size SUV really. I went to the dealership when I installed the factory nav and the service rep was surprised I drove the 2 daily lol.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:35 PM

I don't drive my H2 daily, but instead, drive a Honda Civic lol

I only drive my H2 to work. (~2mi away) I like to think of it as executive transportation.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:02 PM

Thats funny because its supposed to be a more "practical" yet I always see them sitting in peoples driveways. Is it really that bad in the city and to park? also to see out of?

Old 09-28-2014, 08:06 PM

I actually have a civic too it gets almost 40 mpg but omg its so boring and bad even in light rain. I want something big and reliable but if i wanted to drive it daily i could.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:09 AM

I am in the UK and the H2 has been my daily driver for a couple of months . Bearing in mind the steering wheel is on the wrong side for our roads and our roads are far narrower than most roads in the USA i think i can say with absolute honesty that the H2 is astonishingly nimble around town . A good full lock steering gives it a relatively small turning circle and after a couple of weeks driving it you will realize the Hummer is not nearly as big as it seems .

The only annoying points for me are the door alarms BEEP BEEP BEEP telling me the door is open has me screaming at the truck "I KNOW I F@*KI@* OPENED IT !" - this feature can probably be disabled if i took the time to read the manual though

The other thing is having a 6th seat and a spare wheel in the trunk effectively means i have no trunk so the seat needs removed and an external wheel carrier purchased .

Apart from that i will take the H2 anywhere i will take my short wheel base Landcruiser .

Name:  BeforeandAfter003_zps791a86a9.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  116.4 KB

A word about MPG though , on the open road the H2 V8 6L is not as thirsty as many assume , but around town 10 or 12 mpg is a truthful estimate and so consider where most of your driving is done . A 50 mile commute to work on a motorway/freeway is likely to cost less than a 20 mile journey through inner city .

Hope this helps .

Old 09-29-2014, 04:57 PM

its no problem to see out of, I think that's more of a h3 reference, parking not a problem either it steers and drives just like the old full size blazers and 2 door tahoes ive always owned, the only reason people have any problems with the h2 as daily driver is the gas mileage which like someone else said here isn't really much worse than most full size 4x4 vehicles

Old 09-29-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by cgray11
I actually have a civic too it gets almost 40 mpg but omg its so boring and bad even in light rain. I want something big and reliable but if i wanted to drive it daily i could.
We had a monsoon a couple weeks ago. It must've poured like 6-8" of rain in a 1 hour period. Many cars were flooded and had standing water leaking into them. Im sure glad I own a Hummer (my Civic is lowered 4 inches lol). The H2 got through the monsoon with NO issues! I was splashing water on everyone around me. I felt kind of like a jerk, but loved it at the same time knowing I could get anywhere!

Old 09-29-2014, 11:24 PM

I daily drive mine but my commute is only 6 miles.

Quick Reply: H2 as a daily?