PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 AV installation - Picture Heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 04:59 AM

Wow! Now that's some professional work right there. Mad props for the subwoofer installation, it looks like it came from the factory like that.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Malcolm745
Wow! Now that's some professional work right there. Mad props for the subwoofer installation, it looks like it came from the factory like that.
Yeah, it does look OEM. I'm probably going to buy the hertz grille or something similar to put over the sub, as i'm a little paranoid about something damaging it, but right now am just enjoying the way it sounds...

Old 11-21-2016, 01:29 AM

Update: Last weekend i tried to start the old girl up but the battery was flat (we've been under heavy snow in moscow and i hadn't used her in 3-4 weeks. No problem though, i got a quick jump start from a neighbour and the H2 came roaring to life. As i let it warm up the complete radio system was dead. Not a single sign of life. After much deliberation checked it all thoroughly, all fuses intact, it seems that the maestro idatalink i was using basically needed to be reset as it didnt "recognise" the car. Power out, reset button pushed in, and then power button back in. Voila, all working and back to normal. Had me worried for a minute though, thought i'd smashed my new headunit!

Last edited by Baldfox; 11-24-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:13 AM

We rarely ever get snow here, but that's good to know!
You're still really pleased with the set up?

Old 11-24-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
We rarely ever get snow here, but that's good to know!
You're still really pleased with the set up?
Yeah the quality is great. If i was being critical, i'd like a bit lower bass. I was originally going to go for a 10" but ended up with the 12", and really glad i did, but I think by keeping it within the confines of the trim, it's not so optimal. Don't get me wrong, it thumps, and it's extremely responsive for something electronic / easy listening (especially the mids in the doors), but sometimes i just want to feel the mirror / my eyes go blurry... A larger enclosure, or a proper designed cabinet would probably allow that, but then i'd be sacrificing space, which i didn't want to do (i have the 3rd row seats)!

I don't regret for a minute pulling out the oem stuff though. As good as it sounded (at least the Y91 UQS stuff), this is better.
I just need to understand how much the OEM stuff is worth, as it's up for sale!