PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 2005 6 Disk CD

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Default H2 2005 6 Disk CD

I am trying to locate technical info on the radio. I see that there is an AUX button on the radio. I would like to attach an audio input from a Garmin GPS into the radio through the input. I cannot locate any info and I am trying to avoid removing the entire console and radio just to find that the AUX doesn't really have a function.

On a second note, I have a non-labeled, home burned CD that plays in the deck, but will not eject and I cannot add any others to the 6 disk player. There is only one disk in the changer.

Anyone have any guidance? I might even trade a root canal for some help!!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Do you get the message, "INITIALIZING"? If so, there is a service bulletin to update the firmware:

#07-08-44-017: Radio with Six Disc CD Changer Does Not Recognize Loaded CD/Displays An INITIALIZING Message, CD Will Not Play, CD Cannot Be Ejected or Disc Icon Does Not Illuminate (Reprogram Radio) - (Aug 27, 2007)

I had the same problem with my radio. No idea about the AUX jack, but i would like to know, too.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the response. This is a great forum.

I have not gotten the INITIALIZING Message. Everything works, except the CD. Did you have ypour radio reprogrammed?

Basically, I had a home burned, mp3 CD that got stuck in the player, even though it still played. I just removed the console and the dash panel, removed the radio and extracted the CD without doing any damage. There is no AUX jack available on the unit.

After unplugging and moving the CD in the changer, the disc automatically ejected. However, it will still not load any CD's. I have read the TSB for the software update to solve this problem, but I have been trying to avoid going to the dealer. It looks like I have no choice at this point. Also, I lost the Blinking Red light for the antitheft system after reinstalling it.

I was also looking for a way to use the audio output from my Garmin and input it through the radio AUX input so that I can listen to the audio mp3 and e-books that I have on the Garmin. This is why I was looking for wiring diagrams to see if there is a way to do this without having to replace the entire radio unit.

I got a response from www.justanswer.com , Your OEM radio has no AUX inputs that can simply be wired in. You can see this by scrolling through the "Bands" or "Sources". It only lists bands or devices such as CD player, and tape.

Now on your software issue. No, the radio software is directly loaded to your unit by using the GM Service Programming System. It includes using a type of scan tool with the correct software installed into it to properly 'Update" your software. Nothing has to be disassembled or removed, but all non OEM devices have to be disconnected. The software may correct your problem, it may not correct your problem. The charge is generally 1 hour of labor rate. If you request the update without any diagnosis, the repair is on you. You may have to then have it diagnosed. The software does not always repair the issue, but it has a really good track record for helping.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 PM

In my case the radio was covered under my extended warranty. I gave the dealer a printout of the service bulletin notice with the firmware update fix but he replace the old radio with a new one. The new radio looked the same as the old one and it still had the plastic peel protective stuff on it. I have not tried to play Mp3's in it, but I doubt they would play. The 2005 owner's manual says nothing about Mp3's. It does play CD-R's I have burned with WAV files just fine without skipping a beat.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the info. I am probably just going to find a radio/nav/CD, etc that I can replace the OEM one with. My only concern is the XM, Steering Wheel controls, OnStar, etc. I will post something if my search is successful. BTW, my stuck CD was a burned CD from an mp3 file done in Windows Media Player. It played fine, but whatever the glitch is in the radio must have been set off by this.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Im having the same problem with my H3 the cd-player is now draining the battery. it say's there is no cd in and it wont let me load one. the red light stays on. what forum do i got to,to look this is up. im no longer under warranty so going to the dealership is the last thing i want to do. any suggestions.

Nicole