PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 2003 need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Default H2 2003 need help

I've just recently purchased this vehicle and have really had nothing but issues since. Service 4 wheel drive message, Service Brake, service air suspention(air system has been taken off springs put back but light still remains), bells ringing... The newest problem is that sitting at a red light or drive through the engine is running hot and the a/c does not blow cold at idle. But the moment that I drive off the engine cools and the a/c begins to blow cool again. I just last week had a new a/c compressor, belt, tensioner etc. put on. Its not the clutch fan..checked that. But it doesn't seem to do this if I sit with the motor running with the hood up. Only suggestions ive been given by friends is that i should add and electric fan to help with air flow....any suggestions??? Im at my whitts end...and Im not a car person im a nurse so mechanicing is not my thing..

Please help. Thanks

Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

Sounds like your ac cooling fan is done. Look under your hood when you start the truck up; see how many fans are spinning. Then run and put the ac full blast; how many fans are spinning? If its only 1 your ac fan is shot.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Sounds like your ac cooling fan is done. Look under your hood when you start the truck up; see how many fans are spinning. Then run and put the ac full blast; how many fans are spinning? If its only 1 your ac fan is shot.
There is only ONE fan on a 2003 H2, the mechanical fan/clutch assy. I would take it back to the place that installed your A/C compressor and ask them to check it over again. You could also have a partialy plugged radiator. If might be a good idea to have the radiator flushed.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Really? I haven't looked in there for the ac fan or anything.. but I've never heard of an ac system that didn't have it's own dedicated fan??

Old 08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Wink

305 go back to the H3 forum and give tech advice there lol. JK well not really, actually kinda...

There is only one cooling fan on the 03 H2..... and it cools the whole stack

Was your truck offroaded? or ever put through a deep mudd hole? If so you probably have a radiator that is full of dirt. Used a hose and put your thumb on the end and shoot water through the radiators. Do not use anything high pressure as you can bend the fins in the readiator (I know from experience) See if a bunch of dirt comes out. then see if anything changes...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Without numbers of what running hot is, is it possible it is just low on refrigerant after the compressor replace?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin
305 go back to the H3 forum and give tech advice there lol. JK well not really, actually kinda...

There is only one cooling fan on the 03 H2..... and it cools the whole stack

Was your truck offroaded? or ever put through a deep mudd hole? If so you probably have a radiator that is full of dirt. Used a hose and put your thumb on the end and shoot water through the radiators. Do not use anything high pressure as you can bend the fins in the readiator (I know from experience) See if a bunch of dirt comes out. then see if anything changes...
Well you know what they say; partial advice is better than no advice. And since he wasn't receiving any advice, I figured start with the basics.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks, Ill try all of those suggestions and get back to you guys...