PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gobi Rack & Lights mounted 0n my H2! Pics inside...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Default Gobi Rack & Lights mounted 0n my H2! Pics inside...

I finished mounting my rack & lights today...still gotta wire lights but its 20 degrees today so its not happening today! All the work was worth it! I think the truck looks great!

Last edited by Caraddict; 12-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM

Since mounting the lights today I have the most annoying rattle! Luckily I drove it with the rack with no lights yesterday & there definetly no rattle...

Old 12-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Looks real nice!! I like the snorkel as well. There was a DIY thread on the Canadian Hummer Forum about a similar H1 style snorkel. Maybe you can post some pics of your install with a write up...might be an interesting mod for some folks here.

Regarding the rattle...Are the light housings touching the top bar of the roof rack?

Cheers

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

Where did the ladders come from? The juries out on them, but they are different...
Love the rack, now you need beeger tires!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Indy
Looks real nice!! I like the snorkel as well. There was a DIY thread on the Canadian Hummer Forum about a similar H1 style snorkel. Maybe you can post some pics of your install with a write up...might be an interesting mod for some folks here.

Regarding the rattle...Are the light housings touching the top bar of the roof rack?

Cheers
Thank you. I'm not finished with the snorkel mod...gonna finish it in the spring...hopeing it doesnt set of check engine lights? It is a h1 designed pre cleaner...no my lights are not touching...I will find the rateven if I have to remove everything & put the. On one piece at a time between test drives...

Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
Where did the ladders come from? The juries out on them, but they are different...
Love the rack, now you need beeger tires!
Got the ladders on eBay...evidently they dont make them anymore & they are sold out...I soooo agree on bigger tires...plan on getting 20" Ballastic Jester black wheels -11 offset with 37" Toyo open country mt tires soon!

Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM

that thing looks like it is ready to go in the army with that rack and ladders. amazing!

steve

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
that thing looks like it is ready to go in the army with that rack and ladders. amazing!

steve
Thanks Steve! I'm very happy with the way it's starting to look. Can't wait to get my rims & tires!

Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM

Hi, I know I'm light years behind but I just purchased my 2003 Hummer H2 yesterday. I love this setup with the ladders and all, your Hummer looks so awesome! I have a few questions if i may ask. Can you install the ladders without having the rack? Did you have to remove any of the factory lights that were mounted on top of the Hummer? In the pics it looks like they're all still there but I can't tell for sure. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Linwood Smith
Hi, I know I'm light years behind but I just purchased my 2003 Hummer H2 yesterday. I love this setup with the ladders and all, your Hummer looks so awesome! I have a few questions if i may ask. Can you install the ladders without having the rack? Did you have to remove any of the factory lights that were mounted on top of the Hummer? In the pics it looks like they're all still there but I can't tell for sure. Thanks!
I also installed a gobi rack and the piia lights same set up. You can install ladders without the rack. Gets mounted onto rear hatch. The cab lights are not affected by the cage nor lights. The lights are mounted on a metal tray that comes with the gobi rack. I got rid of my gobi rack because there is so much wind noise it was driving me crazy. You can't open sunroof and you need to play the radio on high volume in order to hear it.

Quick Reply: Gobi Rack & Lights mounted 0n my H2! Pics inside...