PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give me your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Default Give me your opinion

I've got an 03' H2 with 86k miles on it(never been in the mud), never really had any problems (other than I just replaced the battery). I just think it's time to upgrade & was looking to get some opinions from some of you. It may be one you have now & love or it could be one you used to have & had nothing but problems. I want to stay in the H2 models, from a little of the research I've done it seems like the 08's would be best suited for me. I think they were the models that made several of the major changes as for as the engine & interior go(correct me if I'm wrong). The 09' models seem like they were pretty much like the 08's except bluetooth upgrade & I really don't need that. Appreciate any suggestions, I've also looked at some of the BMW, Mercedes & Porsche Cayennes & to me they have some really nice sportscars but the SUV's leave a lil' bit to be desired. Also, I'm not really a Denali or Escalade type. JMO

Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Smile

Only 86k miles with no major Problems and your getting rid of it?

I just bought mine with 99k miles and I don't have any problems at all. And I've heard of other people on this forum that have 200k+ miles with no major problems except for the Transmission.

As long as you keep it maintained it will go farther than you think.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM

I traded my 03 for an 06 and there is not much difference if any between the two. I just wanted a different color, but I am glad I did the trade and now I have been thinking next year to look for an 08-09 to upgrade to. I luv my H2 and there is nothing else that I can think of to replace it with.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by calif phil
I traded my 03 for an 06 and there is not much difference if any between the two. I just wanted a different color, but I am glad I did the trade and now I have been thinking next year to look for an 08-09 to upgrade to. I luv my H2 and there is nothing else that I can think of to replace it with.
That's what's sad because what happens when the Majority of Hummers Are Gone?
Maybe we'll get lucky and those rumors about GM bringing Hummer back are True.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

IF you really want to get rid of it.... get an 07.... it has all the wonderful features you have grown to love with the 03.... but it's nicer...

I have both..... and I love them both....

Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by XxCC3xX
Only 86k miles with no major Problems and your getting rid of it?

I just bought mine with 99k miles and I don't have any problems at all. And I've heard of other people on this forum that have 200k+ miles with no major problems except for the Transmission.

As long as you keep it maintained it will go farther than you think.
Wow, are you serious. I mean its probably a disgrace for me to even have a hummer, cause it doesn't get much more than dust on it (my buddies like to rib me about it cause I don't like to get it dirty) I guess after looking at the 08's interiors & the improvements engine (I heard they had more hp but gets better gas mileage also) wise it made me wanting one. I'm looking at a blue 08' H2 in lafayette, la. about 3 hrs from me that looks pretty sharp, if anybody would like to look it up its at courtesyvalue.com & it has 43k miles for $39,990 (let me know what you think. I checked with the BBB about Texas Direct Auto & my suspicions were true, they have an F rating & out of the last 120 days (auto dealerships) they are rated #1 with customer complaints, with I think it was 117. That sucks to cause I seen one there that looks pretty good also, check it out (08' slate blue for $37,980 & it only has 36k miles (you can find it on 08' h2 hummers on ebay y) Thanks Everybody!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Phil, that's the only reason I'm wanting to get an 08' is because of the Big differences in the interior & engine. I've looked at all the other suv's & to me it would be taking a step backwards if I bought anything else. I even looked at the Porsche Cayennes, BMW's, Mercedes & Lexus & they just don't do it for me! jmo

Old 10-30-2011, 11:12 AM

I will look for an 08-09 when the time comes for me to upgrade. I don't like foreign cars so I would probably drive an Avalanche or Harley F150 if I didn't have the H2

Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM

The stardard Cayenne's are pretty bad. I looked at them a while back, and was not impressed at all with the ride or the interior.
When you step up to the Turbo, you get a lot more power, a great suspension, and everything inside is wrapped in leather or alcantara. It's a totally different car!

I ended up in the H2 because it's my "beater, everyday driver" and I don't really need to need to worry about keeping it clean all the time or the reliability/repair cost factor, but if you haven't looked at a Turbo, it's worth a look.

I have no idea what you're looking to spend, but depending on what Gen Turbo you want, there are some good deals out there.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 PM

IMO 08-09 interior is too high class . I rather 03-07 models

Quick Reply: Give me your opinion