Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Front Hitch Reciever makes no sense

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Default Front Hitch Reciever makes no sense

Why is the hole for the front hitch reciever go from top to bottom instead of side to side

What takes this type of hitch.

I was looking on the WARN site and they have a 9.5ti portable 12V for the H2,. which happens to be $300 over the price for the regular 9.5ti non H2 specific for whatever reason. Does this use the top to bottom design?

Next is the front of the 08 and 09 bumper guard, fit on the 07 and older bumper slot
I ask because I prefer the unpainted bumper over the factory black bumper
Same question for the rear bumper here

Old 12-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Think the hole facing up is for ease of use (Which I'n sure you already know). I would just measure a center line on the Warn Winch hitch stump and drill a hole on the top side. You may need a drill press or take to a machine shop. I think it is great that You can plug in a winch and remove it when your done.

Not sure on the bumper covers.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Holy Crap the first viewer responded

Old 12-21-2010, 06:40 PM

I guess you did not like my answer!!! LOL

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 PM

Nah you answered that part well enough, I was wondering what other owners were doing, and now I know.

However, while it is easy to put the pin into the top of the hitch how do you put in the pin... for the pin... Do you reach under the bumper (without going to look)

Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Also do you happen to know if full ton steering components work on the
H2's 3/4

Old 12-22-2010, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by iwillnc
Nah you answered that part well enough, I was wondering what other owners were doing, and now I know.

However, while it is easy to put the pin into the top of the hitch how do you put in the pin... for the pin... Do you reach under the bumper (without going to look)
Hummer...GM sells a special long pin to use in the front receiver.
________
Fisting Teen

Last edited by olfart; 04-03-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM

I use my front receiver. I had the winch holder drilled out so I could put the pin through the way it is and it will still work in the back if needed. The hole would not work sideways, not enough room to play there to get it in and out. I went through several locking pins before I found one I belive at TeakaToys.com http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H2_F.../key-cr094.htm

It goes in from the bottom and locks inside the receiver which makes it a lot easier to get your winch off when you need to. You will also want a quick disconnect for your winch lines to the battery so you can pull the whole thing off if you want to open your hood anyway. By the way, put it in from the bottom up, the lock will keep it far enough in to do the job.

Last edited by PC_H2; 12-22-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Default Same problem

I know this is an old Thread but I just run trough the same problem ...

Installing a bike rack on the front hitch was a nightmare . after buying an adapter and drilling a hole which was a hard job . I found out that the bike were tooo high and right in the middle of driver vision .

Using the front hitch as putting a bike rack in the Hummer is a pain in the a$$

Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 PM

My '03 came with the insert and pin in with the tire tool kit. Have never used it. I however have a question. Has any one used the front receiver for 4 down towing? What kind of rig is required?
MikeH

Quick Reply: Front Hitch Reciever makes no sense