PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally picked one up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Default Finally picked one up!

Just got home from driving three hours each way to pick up my new (to me) H2. I've been looking forever and was trying to stay in the 20k range since, it will not be my only car. I saw so many out there that were in awful shape that I was beginning to get discouraged.

I ended up finding one that for sale at a car dealer that my company also does a lot of business with, so I got a pretty fair deal. I had been looking at '05's with 85k or so miles, but this is an '03 with only 53k. I wasn't too picky on color, but I ended with burgundy, which I like a lot. The truck is in great shape and has the brush guard, tail light guards, exterior spare, 3rd row seat, and no sunroof. Those happen to be EXACTLY the features I was looking for. Plus, now I'm ready for the snow we are supposed to get tomorrow night!

Now I have 2 cars that both get around 12 MPG! I'm doing what I can to speed up global warming. I HATE cold weather.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM

good for you ,you will like it , how did you like the drive home ,
were did you have to go to pic it up ?.. mine is a green 03 picked it up with 75000 miles on her , mike

Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 PM

I had to go to Akins Ford in Winder, GA. They are great guys, but it's a little farther than I was planning on going. Totally worth it though.

The drive home was good, but this thing will take some getting used to. I've never had anything this big or SLOW before. I've had the Viper, but my last two dd's over the past 6 years were a Benz E55 and a BMW 545 Sport. I can get used to the size, but the lack of power in these things is going to take some adjusting. I've had a Grand Cherokee in the past and it was a rocket compared to this beast. It should lower my blood pressure when driving though.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 AM

Congrats on the new rig. You will love it.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Wap

Congrats also on new ride you will love it.

If youre not mechanicly inclined i would take it the a gmc dealer (hummer) and ask him to split the cost of a vehicle check. (or) IF something's serious wrong with the vehicle he pay for the check up and if everthing is ok you pay.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 PM

I'm comfortable enough mechanically to do most anything with it.
I will just need to come on here for tips and tricks when I need to do something.
It was a one owner car and appears to have been well taken care of and never off road.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Congrats on your new ride. Post up some pics.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Default power

Iam happy with the power on mine but somebody might have played with the
ecm program ,you can buy an power up grade for the ecm that will boust the performence ...mike

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Even if I put a supercharger on here, it will still feel slow after the last few dd's I've had. I'll just have to adjust my driving style.

It did do quite will in the snow today though. I'll post some pics in a minute.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Some pics from today...

Attached Thumbnails Finally picked one up!-h2-1.jpg   Finally picked one up!-h2-2.jpg   Finally picked one up!-h2-3.jpg   Finally picked one up!-h2-4.jpg   Finally picked one up!-h2-5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Finally picked one up!