PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

A few issues with my new H2

Old 09-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Default A few issues with my new H2

I am sorry for the long post please read and help if you can

I recently bought a used Hummer H2. I need some help fixing some issues. Hopefully you experienced guys can help.

(1) First off i had to replace my battery. After replacing the battery the Dual climate control doesn't work correctly. At first the driver side was working but the passenger side was blowing super hot air. After pulling the negative terminal for 30 mins or so and messing around with it the control unit wouldn't even power on. So I then pulled the negative terminal for 2 hours. When I plugged it back in the control powered up. The same issue is happening but the passenger isn't blow super hot but it is still hot.

(2) My drl's were working and a weird thing is when I would hit the unlock button on my key fob they would come on for 30 seconds or so. I didn't like that because i figure it was draining my battery. I replaced the bulbs with some of those GP thunder blue Led's and they worked fine. But now they aren't working at all. It seemed to stop working after I disconnected my overhead console which housed my power sunroof, dome lights and homelink. At the same time I removed a broken after market DVD player that was mounted in center of my rear passenger overhead liner. I had to cut the wires they ran to power it and they also had a wire going to a wiring harness that appears to be factory. I plugged the overhead console back in but that didn't correct the problem.

(3) Passenger side mirror won't turn all the way in when I try to bring them all the way in with the button that moves them to the windows to help keep them from sticking out. This has not worked since day one

I don't know if the first 2 problems have anything to do with the removing of the first two issues but I really could use the help

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM

some things dont work right for 24 hours after replacing the battery, this may be the case of the clamite controls.......I was told by hummer to turn both temps to 80 Degs and turn off key, restart truck and roll down t 60degs to reset system, shut off and restart again...It worked...if it dosent contact dealer service and ask about it.....

The bulb issue is standard on all h2s mine do the same and dosent run battery down, you have an option on your steering wheel controls ( look in Drivers book) for details

Mirrors, my Drivers mirror wont come in all the time, so i help it sometimes to close when i park the truck at the store, i use them often, if someone before you hasent used the fold in they may be stuck and need a little tug to get them working.....

Hope this helps.....Rick