PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFFECT ON HUMMER OWNERS IF GM GOES UNDER

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Default EFFECT ON HUMMER OWNERS IF GM GOES UNDER

My feeling is that GM will likely go into liquidation next year. I'm really concerned about what I'll do for service and parts if that happens. Am I overly concerned or should I trade in my H2 now while I can? Will my H2 lose value or gain value as a collector item?

Edgar

Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Default RE: EFFECT ON HUMMER OWNERS IF GM GOES UNDER

GM is not going under. Will never happen! Impossible, unless the USA goes into the toilet with it. The government will do a bailout, as it has always done. Don't panic. Everyone knows they are just whining to get some free money. They are NOT broke. Please, look atthe facts. They fly around in jets. Does this look like they are going under....Nice to get a free 20 billion. What would you do and say to get that much money.

So go out and buy a new Hummer, and support their greed....and get a good price on one.

PS: H4 is already planned for production in 2009 (as a 2010 model). Really, stay cool dude. You are safe, or I will be in big trouble, since all our cars are under warranty and GM.

Even if they did go under, someone would just buy them as recently happened with Chrysler. You did not see any change at Chrysler from the DaimerChrysler face.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM

If GM actually (it won't) goes under, we will all have much bigger problems . . . unless of course you live in the woods in an old school bus. I agree with above . . . worse come to worse, somebody would buy them.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM

GM is not going under. They beat Toyota again this year as the largest automaker. Everybody said Toyota would surpass them last year and for sure this year but it didn't happen. GM sales were down 31% for Dec. Toyota down 37% I sure would like to see the media slamming the foreign manufactures in the press like they do the American manufacturers.