PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Default Dyno tune?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to dyno their H2. I have a chassis dyno and want to start playing with this beast but the full time 4wheel drive may be a problem. Has anyone tried to pull the front drive shaft out? I wonder of the traction control would freak out.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM

originally I took it to a place in colorado, The guy I spoke with somehow disabled the front wheels. I was under the assumption that he did it through the computer though. I may be wrong.

When they did the emissions test they had to do the same thing but I watched while they did it and they didn't disconnect the front axle while they ran it on a dyno-like roller on the rear.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Default Thanks Canepa!

Well that is promising. Do you by any chance know the name of the place in CO? I might shoot them a call if you do. What's done to yours and what power does it make? I know Canepa, they build nice stuff.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 PM

H2CANEPADESIGN how did he disable the front axle from the computer???????????? Can u please find out?????? I bet me and everyone else would like to know.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM

The dyno in colorado was in englewood. I think it was called mile high performance?

When I watched the emissions place do it they did not disconnect the axle so there had to be some kind of way to disable the front axle through the computer.

I had the electic motor in my transfer case go bad once. the light on the buttons turned red and the vehicle was in 2 wheel drive till I got a new motor and installed it. (about 275 to do it yourself. 15 minute repair.)

So I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure a real mechanic who has a genesis or similar scanner can tell you how.

I've been looking for one here in L.A. to ask if he can level my airbags via the scanner as well.

@WINspeed= MagnaCharger system w/ intercooler 508 h.p. , big brake kit, the suspension and wheels/tires are stock. got black brush gaurds front and rear, aftermarket billet aluminum spare tire carrier with colormatched tire cover. other than that nothin special. 93,000 miles and counting. Next will be a light bar.

Last edited by H2CANEPADESIGN; 02-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:47 PM

How long did you drive it in 2wd till you got that motor?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 AM

Well it kinda freaked me out cause I didn't know if it was going to damage anything so maybe two days if that.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
The dyno in colorado was in englewood. I think it was called mile high performance?

When I watched the emissions place do it they did not disconnect the axle so there had to be some kind of way to disable the front axle through the computer.

I had the electic motor in my transfer case go bad once. the light on the buttons turned red and the vehicle was in 2 wheel drive till I got a new motor and installed it. (about 275 to do it yourself. 15 minute repair.)

So I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure a real mechanic who has a genesis or similar scanner can tell you how.

I've been looking for one here in L.A. to ask if he can level my airbags via the scanner as well.

@WINspeed= MagnaCharger system w/ intercooler 508 h.p. , big brake kit, the suspension and wheels/tires are stock. got black brush gaurds front and rear, aftermarket billet aluminum spare tire carrier with colormatched tire cover. other than that nothin special. 93,000 miles and counting. Next will be a light bar.
Thanks man! I have scanner's maybe I'll hook one up and see what I can do. 508 is very respectable. Was that at the wheels? I'm a Magnacharger dealer too, just never installed one on a Hummer. Maybe mine will be the first Thanks for your help bud.