PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Driver side turn marker

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Driver side turn marker

I can't find it on search...but my driver side running light side marker light went out. I checked the fuses in the dash and replaced the side marker light $116.00 but it still doesn't work. Is there another fuse under the hood for that or am I missing something?

My brake light/ reverse lights works and all the bulbs (x3) in the tail light assembly are good and work in the other side when swapped.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks anyone!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh and this is the REAR marker light not working.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM

A good place to start would be to get yourself an inexpensive voltmeter for $5 and trace down where you are, and are not getting power. You could have saved yourself $116.00 if you had done this first.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Well I did use my multimeter and checked power to the rear side marker and it fluctuated with the turn signal on and also with the light circuit tester and it flashed along with the blinker just prior to the turn signal. I figured it was getting power there. I figured it was the blinker light

Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM

By the way thanks for your input. Appreciate all the advice I can get

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TUNTAKIT
Well I did use my multimeter and checked power to the rear side marker and it fluctuated with the turn signal on and also with the light circuit tester and it flashed along with the blinker just prior to the turn signal. I figured it was getting power there. I figured it was the blinker light
Are you saying you have power to the side marker light because you checked it with a multimeter? And after you attached the new light it still does not work? Sorry for being obtuse, but that is how I read your post.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM

Yeah I know it should work but it's something else. I am gonna take it to the dealer and see what they say. I will post results in case any one else has this problem.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Have you tried putting the leads of your multimeter on the new light to see if you have continuity? Maybe the new light is DOA.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM

Well just got back from the dealer they said it was a burnt out/short in the tail light assembly. They will replace it under warranty, we will see if that is the cause on Thursday I will take it back.

Cross your fingers for me...and thanks for the replies

I will be shipping the turn marker light back for refund...

Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Back from the dealer and they said it was a shorted rear side marker (the one above the gas filler). They replaced it with a new one and replaced a fuse in the engine compartment and it works. I suppose it was the fuse also I missed in the engine bay. There is one for the left and right side. Go figure, well hope it lasts.

thanks everybody for your help....really appreciate your time.

Quick Reply: Driver side turn marker