PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side heater blows cold air HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Default Driver side heater blows cold air HELP!!

I've read nearly every post on here regarding the blend door actuators and the issues with the electronic climate controls. Most of what I read is either heat on driver side with cold on passenger, or air not flowing to the proper duct (floor, defrost, etc.). I am capable and prepared to do the work myself, I just need a little more info from you fine folks on this site.

The problem on my 2004 H2 is that on any heat temp or fan setting, the driver side blows cold & the passenger side is hot. All ducts seem to be working properly, just the wrong temperature on the driver side.

I have also learned that there are 4 different actuators in my HVAC unit. Does anyone know in particular which one of the 4 will help 'share' some heat since it's been in the low 30's so far.

I also see 2 part #'s offered by Dorman. The 604-106 ($138.99 AutoZone) and also the 604-121 ($65.99 AutoZone). The Dorman website lists BOTH of these actuators for my 2004. What's the difference??

Signed,
Cold drive to work in STL

Old 11-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Default heater switch bad

there is a switch that controls the ducts which has gone bad.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Bump. Anyone else know anything about this? No matter what temp is set on, driver side is always cool & pass side is HOT, regardless of temp settings.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Bump.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 PM
there are 2 actuators to control the temp, one for driver and one for passenger temp . if one goes bad ,were ever the temp was it will stay there and the other will change. i never seen both go bad at the same time . you must check for a signal at ether one . this will let you know if the climate control it self is working. go to a actuator plug end and if you see a signal= [ohms] change as you change the temp on the control unit. no signal change then the controler is bad . if it changes and you dont see the actuator move then it is bad . i would start there. i hope this helps you .

Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Default Passenger Side Blows Hot Air

We had the same problem but with the passenger side (2005 H2). Took it to the mechanic and told us what was wrong (actuator) - called the warranty company - they told him it was the solenoid that that isn't covered.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:53 PM

I have the same problem on my 03 H2 with 115k miles. So Whats the actual solution? I'm sure this is a common enough problem within our community. PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS A TON

Old 08-19-2015, 10:56 PM

Bump and bump again.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Default vent temp issue

The problem may just be resetting bcm. Try disconnecting both battery terminals and hold them together for a few seconds. This will clear its memory. Most time this will reset the vents. If your bcm sees a issue with a actuator it will stop sending a signal. With luck this will resend and it will work. But one of the temp actuators are probably bad. Good luck

Old 08-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Hi, Had the same problem on my 2004 H2 - I bought the following off Amazon :
Dorman 604-106 Air Door Actuator ($55).

I am very mechanically inclined but I have a great local shop who is very reasonable so I had them install because it's a royal pain in the azz!

Now my heater/air conditioner works perfect. Do some research and you will find that almost all problems like this are due to faulty actuator.

Quick Reply: Driver side heater blows cold air HELP!!