PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver 2 default

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Default Driver 2 default

Hi! How do I remove the default memory on my H2? When I first start it, it shows Driver 2. I always have to push the Driver 1 memory button but when I have to start it again, it continually shows Driver 2

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 PM

I thought it had to do with what ignition key is used but mine just started doing the same thing. Did you just install a remote start alarm system?

Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 PM

How does it "show" driver 2? On my 07, its just 2 buttons on the door, a "1" and "2", and there is nothing to indicate which one is selected. Was this something that was available on the older models?

You aren't by any chance referring to the easy exit setting for the driver seat, are you?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 AM

KruBruder I never installed a remote start alarm system. I still have the factory one.
GroceryGettinH2, it shows on the dash when you first start it "Driver 2"

Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 AM

From what I am finding, it has to do with the remote key fob used to lock/unlock the doors. On the back of the remotes that originally came with the H2 there is a number 1 or 2 stamped. This tells the Body Control Module what driver is locking/unlocking the doors and then adjusts seats mirrors and whatever else to that driver. The key itself doesn't determine it. If you don't see a number on the back then the fob was probably replaced. If the original owner lost one of the fobs, they may have taken it in to have a new fob programmed and it may have been programmed to driver 2. If you have been using the same fob and it just started coming up driver 2 then you may need to reprogram that fob and any others you may still have for that H2. You can usually take it in to the dealer and they could do it for free(Usually) or google it and try it yourself. Somehow my H2 decided to make my Viper remote Driver 2 a couple of weeks after I started using it. Don't know why.

Grocery Getter-- Those newfangled H2's may not be embellished with some of the fine accoutrements the earlier models had. I know they eliminated things like "Business" & "Personal" trip odometer settings and the cool door lock button at the back hatch. I don't know why they would eliminate the "Driver 1" & "Driver 2" on yours.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 AM

Thanks KruBruder. That's what the owners manual specified too. My factory remote key fob shows "1" on the back so that was the reason I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to correct the default. The original owner told me when I picked up the H2 last month that the "2" remote key fob isn't working properly and he thinks I just need to replace the battery so he told me to just use the "1" key fob and that's where this "Driver 2" default issue came up

Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have to take a look next time I start it. I did look at my key fob (I only got one when I bought it) and it does have a number 1 on it. This makes me think you guys are right and I just never noticed it say driver 1 on the dash.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 AM

It has to do with the order the remotes were programed in. the reason you are seeing this behavior is the remote you are using was the second one programmed.