PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

door panel for h2

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Default door panel for h2

Hi guys some tryed to break my H2 they force the key door lock to inside so Iwant to remove the door panel from inside to reach my question is only clips holding it or screws
thanks for help

Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 PM

What year is you H2?

If it has the same interior style as the 04's it's just a matter of removing the phillips screw just behind the interior door pull/latch.

Once you have that screw removed you remove the small plate/cover and that give you access to two small 7-mm screws. Remove the two small 7-mm screws and then it's just a matte of pulling off the door panel.

If it's the first time this door panel has been removed, it will be stuck on their pretty tight. After the screws are removed the only thing holding it on are plastic clips.

What I usually did was stick a panel popper or flat screw driver under the side panel at the lower front corner. Use leverage from the screw driver to pry the panel out till you hear the distinctive pop of the clips breaking loose.

Use caution because a screw drive tends to put pressure on a very small point of that plastic panel. A slightly wider prying tool like a panel popper would distribute any pressure a little more widely and mitigate the chance of cracking.

Once I got the lower front corner pulled out I work my way around clockwise using only my fingers and some elbow grease. If the panel has never been pulled before it can take a pretty good amount of force to pull it off.

As you're pulling it off you will hear some pretty loud cracking/popping sounds almost like if you were breaking the panel. It's been my experience that, that's just the way they come off.

The weaker parts of the door panel are at the upper front and rear of the door panel. Be a little more careful in these areas when you're exerting the force to pull the remainder of the panel off.

Describing this procedure in writing always makes it seem far more complicated than it actually is.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-18-2010, 02:46 PM

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...56&postcount=9

I used this post as a guide to get my panels off while bringing my 2003 folding mirrors back into shape.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 AM

That's an excellent link.

It's also the perfect example of what I was eluding to when I mentioned how complicated things tend to come across when one attempts to convey these instructions with the written word.

Thanks for posting that.
Upholstryguy

Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Talking Driver Door Ajar Error Sensor

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Personal experience replacing folding mirror? - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

I used this post as a guide to get my panels off while bringing my 2003 folding mirrors back into shape.
Thanks for posting this! I bought an H2 about a month ago, and now I'm getting the door ajar sensor error all the time (parked, driving, etc). She's way past warranty, but I was a little nervous about prying the panel off to try and troubleshoot. The link says that the doors are pretty tough to get off, so now I'll go at it again. Hopefully save a trip to the dealership....