PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIC Display - Battery Not Charging

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Default DIC Display - Battery Not Charging

I got this light flashing on and off a few times coming home last night. I thought, great, a loose wire somewhere.

I let it go until today and when I got in my battery voltage was in the 9vdc range with the engine running, and the light was constant. I thought, cool, the wire broke and it will be easier to find.

I opened the hood, checked my battery connections on both of the starting batteries, and traced the alternator output wires to the junction box and the large nut was almost off. I snugged it down and added some red loctite for good measure and I'm back at 14.2vdc running.

It occured to me that my voltage had been going down recently... this week driving to work I noticed that I was around 13vdc.... but I really didn't think much of it.

So for the purpose of helping someone, someday, that may be searching this issue, or someone that might want to check their connection just because, I posted this thread.