PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

A/C problems

Old 07-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Oooooh. Had this same issue back in the day on an '85 Chevy Astro we had. Same crap design I imagine. Happen to have a link to this repair? Was it on this forum?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:07 PM

Neh mind, fount it. But on these didn't the blower quit? Seems like your prob is different since you can hear the thing roaring away in the bowels of the panel.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Neh mind, fount it. But on these didn't the blower quit? Seems like your prob is different since you can hear the thing roaring away in the bowels of the panel.
You're right but I think my issue has to be associated with this issue. I called my hummer dealer and after I told him it works for like 30 minutes then no more air while u can hear the blower going full force he said its the hvac. I'm bringing it in on Thursday and will again explain what exactly is happening to mine. I think the harness and wires get too hot and then something happens where the air is being blocked from the vents. I can shut off the AC and let it sit for 15 minutes out it back on and it works but not for long. I will report their findings.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:26 PM

I hope it don't harm the thread, but I have 05 H2 which has had no signs of AC problems until today. It was working cold as normal, then I got out to do 1 hr job, got back in and it only blows warm air. All the power seems there. Fan was spinning. I tried turning the controls around and off and on.

I was hoping for some guidance in what to check before I went out in this heat first. Thanks everyone for any info.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci
You're right but I think my issue has to be associated with this issue. I called my hummer dealer and after I told him it works for like 30 minutes then no more air while u can hear the blower going full force he said its the hvac. I'm bringing it in on Thursday and will again explain what exactly is happening to mine. I think the harness and wires get too hot and then something happens where the air is being blocked from the vents. I can shut off the AC and let it sit for 15 minutes out it back on and it works but not for long. I will report their findings.
Had my '08 apart yesterday, all looked normal, no sign of overheating at the blower or the temp and blower control module bolted next to it. Have you looked at yours? Or is it at the dealer now?

Last edited by flyday58; 07-20-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: don't need no stinkin reason, I done it just because!
Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by flyday58
Had my '08 apart yesterday, all looked normal, no sign of overheating at the blower or the temp and blower control module bolted next to it. Have you looked at yours? Or is it at the dealer now?
Bringing it to dealer Thursday morning.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:06 PM

Off topic, sorta: anyone know where the rear a/c setup is? Is it behind the right wheel well cover in back?

Old 07-22-2016, 05:27 PM

Dealer has had my truck since yesterday morning spinning their wheels. When I brought truck in they hooked up scanner and it showed some code for AC circuits or sensors. I call back today and the guy says they can't replicate issue. I said what about the codes? He then went to talk to mechanic and he said there were no codes. Either codes were cleared or his scanner is broke. Anyway, mechanic says ok that sheds a lot more light on issue. They said they have a software update for the modular controller? Idk but they wanted to flash it and then he was going to drive my truck home and see if it happens again. I said no. Just update the software and I will pick it up tomorrow. If it happens again I will bring it back in. I guess they like to take joy rides with other people's trucks.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:05 PM

Dealer updated the software on module controller. I drove it yesterday from dealer to my home and it's a long enough ride where it would stop blowing air through vents and it did not do it. Hopefully my issue is fixed. I will check on my invoice and post the codes I received on this issue and list exactly what dealer did to fix it.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 PM

The fix was updated calibrations available for HVAC that will prevent evaporator from icing up. Reflash rd with latest calibrations and recalibrate actuators.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C problems