PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying an 03 H2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nate2106
Really? Never knew that. What did they fix?

I second that.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Thats a clean looking truck, guess you must decide is it worth an extra $10,000. The only difference between an 03 and 06 are the mirror's.

$10,000 is nice amount for mods to the 2003. I could put together a much nicer deuce for 1/2 that...

Yeah, good point. Is 10K worth having a newer model with the mods? Hmmm...... man tough call.....
I told the dealer I'd be back. I have to think on this one a little more.....

Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM

On the 03 make sure you test the mirrors for all functions especially the the curb view when backing up. Grab the mirrors and see how much play they have in them up and down. They are expensive, hard to come buy and dicontinued. So if one goes you may to replace both with 06's. At around 700 a pop.

Check the rear license plate tray and see if it is pulling out of the gate. The gate isn't balanced well and when you get 3/4 closed if you let go it will slam hard. Which I let moine do last winter on a -40 c day and it broke the cheap plastic retaining studs. Very common.

Listen for exhaust leaks- the manifold studs snap the heads off. Mine currently has both front and both rears snapped. Common to every LS motor.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:08 PM

I bought my 2003 for $15k with 90,000 on it. It was in a lot better shape than the later model ones I looked at. $10k will get you some killer mirrors!

Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Actually I believe they fixed quite a few issues with the 06 and up years. That was the reason I went with an 06.
I wasn't aware of any substantial changes till 08 & 09. I owned an 06 I bought new, only changes I notice are the mirrors and the font on the gauges look a tad bit different between my old 06 and my current 03 but you wouldn't really notice unless you spent time staring at both.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo
On the 03 make sure you test the mirrors for all functions especially the the curb view when backing up. Grab the mirrors and see how much play they have in them up and down. They are expensive, hard to come buy and dicontinued. So if one goes you may to replace both with 06's. At around 700 a pop.

Check the rear license plate tray and see if it is pulling out of the gate. The gate isn't balanced well and when you get 3/4 closed if you let go it will slam hard. Which I let moine do last winter on a -40 c day and it broke the cheap plastic retaining studs. Very common.

Listen for exhaust leaks- the manifold studs snap the heads off. Mine currently has both front and both rears snapped. Common to every LS motor.
yeah good point forget about the exhaust manifold leaks.

Mirriors aren't that much you can easily find a pair of GM mirriors for $500

Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by madmayo

Great info! Thanks!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 PM

yeah good point forget about the exhaust manifold leaks.

Mirriors aren't that much you can easily find a pair of GM mirriors for $500
You guys get parts way cheaper than us Canadians, eh. Shipping is also outrageuos. Lol

Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM

One other thing make sure the map pockets are good on the door panels, they are very expensive and not easy to always find.
I just bought an 03 and on the rear passenger door, the map pocket is broken on one side. Do you or anyone else know where to get one? Can you just replace it without replacing the whole door panel? I also have a small cracking in door panel right near handle, I've read on here how some guys glue it, is there a special flue that works well on this plastic where it doesn't snap again when opening the door?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by mcioci
I just bought an 03 and on the rear passenger door, the map pocket is broken on one side. Do you or anyone else know where to get one? Can you just replace it without replacing the whole door panel? I also have a small cracking in door panel right near handle, I've read on here how some guys glue it, is there a special flue that works well on this plastic where it doesn't snap again when opening the door?
The map pocket and door panel are one piece, the pockets tabs are hot melted.
My local chevy dealer looked the panels up and they are still avaiilable and in stock only the drivers side rear has been discontinued. He gave me a price of $785 for front, didn't ask about a rear. Another option is local yards or ebay, only problem are that crackheads on ebay want more for a used panel then GM wants for a new one, but I would value a used rear around $400.

Another thread I started about DP's

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...learned-33680/