PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Question Brembo Brakes

Is there anyone that has Brembo Brakes? Are they worth the 5K they are asking for? I am not having any issues but I let my wife drive the H2 every now and then and she could get all the help she can. So would it really help? Thanks for the input.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 AM

If you want more braking power, first thing to do is ****can that POS factory power steering pump. Call AGR Performance and have them build you a high pressure pump. I snapped the pump shaft on my stock unit. AGR put a chromoly shaft, upgraded bearings and a few other things in the new unit. You wont believe the difference that pump will make w the steering and braking. I'd have them build you a pump w/ the tank installed so its just a bolt on for you. Swapping the old parts off your stock unit can be a pain if you havn't done it before.

Brembo install pics... if you have no idea what pads and rotors cost for that kit, you better do a price check and prepare for a heart attack.

Rears-

Front Calipers-

Mods I had to do to the fabtech spindles for them to bolt up-

Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 AM

Would you say Brembo and Willwood are equal in performance? I have found front and rear for around 5K. I want better performance out of braking!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:30 AM

I am using Brembo but with other car. 10k kit. Bigger caliper, bigger pad, bigger rotor will stop the car way much better. Only the drawback would be, if you use better pad it will wear out quickly and those pads are not cheap.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by AKDropm
Would you say Brembo and Willwood are equal in performance? I have found front and rear for around 5K. I want better performance out of braking!
Like I said above, your powersteering pump is what powers your brakes. Upgrading that will make a big difference on braking. When I jumped up to my 24" rims w/ 38" toyos I lost a hell of a lot of braking. Just replacing the stock powersteering pump w/ a high pressure unit from AGP Performance brought the braking almost back to the stock feel. I'd recommend doing that first.

Comparing other brakes...you need to look at the number of pistons, size of the rotors, etc to make sure your comparing equal items. I managed to get lucky and found a complete Brembo set off a sema show truck for $2300. I do also have a front only set (used) in my garage someplace. I need to sell them, but I gotta find them first.

There are 6 rubber brake lines on our rigs. The brembo front & rear kit will come w/ stainless steel braided lines to replace 4 of those. You should also replace the last two remaining. Just those lines will also make a difference on braking. If you have a lift on your rig, the lines in the kit are not long enough. Crown performance makes about the best brake lines out there. Crown actually supplies the brake lines for brembo.

Here again, if you have any lift on your ride, the spindles will have to be modified. These brake kits are only designed for the stock spindles. Any aftermarket lift will have more material on the spindles that will need to be cut off. It took about 3 hours of grinding on the first side of my fabtech spindles to get the proper clearance needed for the calipers. Second side took just under 2 hours to cut and smooth every thing out since I knew from the start how much material to remove.

I have to give Brembo big props for their support people. Tech guy gave us his personal cell number and said we could call him 24/7 for any help.

Last edited by bflorin; 05-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM

Have a customers 2013 gmc sierra 2500 denali in the shop right now getting some tire labor done, the brake calipers are Huge, I mean Brembo sized. He works for gm design here in Los Angeles. the brake setup is awesome. I didn't know they made a denali truck either.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Have a customers 2013 gmc sierra 2500 denali in the shop right now getting some tire labor done, the brake calipers are Huge, I mean Brembo sized. He works for gm design here in Los Angeles. the brake setup is awesome. I didn't know they made a denali truck either.
Btw. The brembos require 18" rim or larger...running an 18 is to tight for my liking. I'd recommend running 20".

Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 AM

Wow nice brakes. The stock brakes are bad news.