PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake noise-Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Default Brake noise-Need opinions

The day I test drove the H2, it had a very light brake squeal when braking in traffic at slow speeds. I asked them to check it out and take care of it before I brought it home......I didn't notice it again till later yesterday. You can barely hear it and if you turn up the radio, you don't hear it at all.
No braking problems, and I don't feel anything in the pedal. It only makes the noise when you are braking in heavy traffic moving slowly. Doesn't do it from a faster stop, like when you are going above 20mph. I believe it's coming from the passenger's front wheel.
Could this be a small pebble hung up on the rotors? or maybe a build up of some rust from sitting? Any thoughts would be great!
Update: Ok I may have figured out what it is....looks like the right front rotor has created a ridge of rust on the very outside edge of the rotor itself. The driver's side has it to, but not as bad.....should I take the tire off and sand the ridge down?