PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Default Same problem....

anybody attempted this replacement? Is it a big deal? Part is $85 at Chevy dealer...

Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lionel
The lower actuator (blend) is a 20 minute job. The upper (recirc) would take a couple hours unless you know exactly how to pull the dash panels off without breaking tabs. Once you've done it before, an hour should be enough. The (mode) actuator is on the drivers side, left of the radio, and should take about the same. Can't remember where I saw it was a 10 hour R&R on the recirc, but that info is bogus and a ripoff. I suffered this condition for 2 hot summers because It scared me, but was really no problem. And while the upper pad is off its a great time to put you nav antenna in its factory place. Piece of cake!
I would appreciate any details/pointers. My AC seems to be struggling in the 105F heat, and when I press the recirc button the light comes on but it just doesn't appear (or sound) like anything else changes. On all my other cars, when I press the recirc button, it gets a bit noisier in the cabin. So, now I am concerned that recirc is not really working.

Thanks!!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM

So I've been having this same problem with my '03 H2. It started a couple of months ago. I had my mechanic look at it and ended up replacing the entire climate control unit. He is stumped and cannot figure it out. Sounds like this is an actuator problem and not the unit itself. I see on the other posts everybody is complaining about the passenger side having the problems. Mine is the opposite. My passenger side works fine, but the driver's side and rear passenger vents blow cool air when I have the temp turned all the way up to 90 degrees. On another note, I keep getting an error message on the DIC that the driver's side rear door is ajar and the door is closed. The door sensor had been replaced at the same time my climate control was replaced but it still does it off and on. Any ideas how to correct the problem? I love my H2 but these things are starting to tick me off... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by nickoliboz
Which actuator would control my AC that only comes out of defrost?

Any Idea?

I have the same problem, hope we get an answer

Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 PM

This is strange that now there is 3 of us with the same problem in 1 month. I have an 04 and today I went to use the A/C and air would only come out the defrosters, HOT on the left/DS and cold on the right/PS. This week I had a suspicion that something was wrong. I kept feeling heat with no air or fan on even with dual controls set to 60. Well here in Las Vegas we hit 90+ and all I did was make it hotter!

I hope someone is still monitering this thread who may be able to distinguish the symptoms of right, left and center actuator failure/problems and probable times and procedures for each condition.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lionel
Wow, I just finished replacing my blend door actuator after living with it for over a year. Got nothing but hot air on my side. Hot like 130 degrees hot, while the passenger side was at 45. Code was a B0414. Everything I read about the job said it calls for an R&R time of like 10 hours. Dreading what sounded like complete disassembly of the dash, I plunged in. Pulled the glove box and surrounding trim first. Dropped the passenger insulator with 2 screws and bingo, there it was. Don't know why the factory manual shows the insulator as a one piece unit across the whole bottom. Mine came right out in half and there was the actuator. 1 plug and 2 screws and the offending unit was in my hand. Took all of about 20 minutes. $236 later from my local Chevy dealer and 20 more minutes to put it all back together, 60 seconds to recallibrate itself, and I'm back in business. There may be another one in there that takes 10 hours somewhere, but I hope I never find out! Best to all.

10 Hours is dealership cost @ $89 per hr.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Smile Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Elatedly,

I write this post as I have been driving around Las Vegas in 110 degree's plus for over 3 weeks. I experienced the same as several other H2 owners, hot air of better than 130 degrees on the drivers side while on the passengers side cold air. I called the Chevy dealer and was given an estimate of $575.00 and about 3 1/2 hours to complete. I then called Auto Zone and asked if they carried the part and what do you know, with no hesitation they gave me a price quote of $144.00. I went and picked up the part came online to Hummer Forums, read Lionels post from April 3rd and followed his lead. I dropped the 2 screws holding up the passenger side insulator pulled down the cover and there it was, took the two screws out that was holding the Actuator, unpluged the unit, popped in the new unit, plugged it in, replaced the two screws in the Actuator, put the Insulator cover back on and put those two screws back in and wham.......complete job done in 30 minutes! Thank you Lionel !!!

Total out of pocket expense was $144.00 !!!!

It almost made me feel like I was stealing from the Dealer.....NOT !!! LOL

Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 AM

I have been having a similar problem with my 2008... though it doesn't happen all the time.

Mine is with the passenger side as well as the rear. What ever I set the temp controls to, the passenger and rear do the opposite.

Can anyone here confirm which blend door actuator controls the passenger and rear temp and its location? Any ideas where I can get a part number?

Thanks!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mgurgone
I have been having a similar problem with my 2008... though it doesn't happen all the time.

Mine is with the passenger side as well as the rear. What ever I set the temp controls to, the passenger and rear do the opposite.

Can anyone here confirm which blend door actuator controls the passenger and rear temp and its location? Any ideas where I can get a part number?

Thanks!!!
I can look into the part number for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Really.... because we all can look up the part number on one of the many part websites WITHOUT his VIN....

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement